Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

SPCA Attacked

CyberKitten
June 2nd, 2005, 06:29 PM
This has not been widely reported in the provincial news but a small SPCA shelter in northen New Brunswick was attacked last week. ALL thje dogs were let out and one was injured by a porcupine and the offices were tossed and seriously damaged.

The loyal staff there managed to round up all the dogs and get them vet care but Ithis kind of thing just makes me sooo mad!!! It would appear now that they need security and money that might have gone to directly helping animals will be diverted elsewhere b/c of cruel and mindless people!

MollysMommy
June 2nd, 2005, 06:31 PM
That makes me so sad. Those poor people and those poor animals. They had to have been so frightened and confused. Besides, who the **** destroys an SPCA??

levimh
June 2nd, 2005, 06:33 PM
Oh my gosh...I would never expect anyone to do that to a shelter. The poor staff....and dogs! People are getting more and more ridiculous everyday. And to now need security for the shelter..that's just not right. :mad:

CyberKitten
June 2nd, 2005, 06:50 PM
It is absolutely not right - makes me so mad!!! The SPCA in that part of NB runs on a shoestring budget too - and they are the only rescue in the area. I am glad no animal died but I so hope the police find the people who did this!!