Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

such a dull day....

lilith_rizel
June 2nd, 2005, 06:17 PM
I haven't had anything to do all day. It is cold and gloomy here, so Judith and I couldn't go to the park or to the pool today. I was thinking about visiting my friend Jen today, but she isn't home. Wondering if she had the baby yet?There isn't anything interesting on TV either, and I have been trying to keeep myself occupied by doing things on the internet, but with it being so glum today, I am just not up to doing anything. I sure hope tomorrow is nicer out. I have no idea what to do to keep myself busy. On days like these when James is here, we usually go and walk around the mall, or have nice long chats, about nothing in particular.

CyberKitten
June 2nd, 2005, 06:22 PM
Do you like to read? Or maybe take a correspondence course online? (The perfect solution for the busy mom :) ) Or maybe one where you actually have to attend in person would be good for you. I know some of the moms I work with (moms of my patients) often find they take time off to care for their sick child and as a sort of respite, in addition to meeting other moms, activities like art courses or a new subject helps them through a trying time.

Hopefully once you meet friends there, you will be able to plan activities with them and their children.

melanie
June 2nd, 2005, 06:24 PM
here here, i concur. such a glum boring day here too. its over cast and really cold, but there is no rain in them there clouds. its never ging to rain, were just gunna dry up like old prunes down here if something doesnt break soon..

ive got to sit here and fix the typos in my reports for submission. oh dull it just sucks, and im such a procrastinator.

not to mention the stupid house work, oh i wish there was a fairy, if she/he said fairy could just do the bathroom for me, i would be ever so grateful......

oh well at least judge judy and oprah are on this arfternoon, i will get the extension cord and run the tv in here to the office, ah now thats a darn good idea.

not to worry, lets be bored on different sides of the world together. :highfive:

lilith_rizel
June 2nd, 2005, 06:26 PM
I have lived her for 13 months, and had plenty of friends, but with it being military, I guess you have to find new friends all the time. I do enjoy to read, but I have to find the right book. There really isn't any genre (sp?) that interests me, it all depends on how the book's plot is laid out. I don't even have foavorite authors. I will read a great book from one author, and then look for another one by the, and read it, and 90% of they time, I don't care for it..... I have heard some things about William Faulkner. Has anyone read any of his books?

CyberKitten
June 2nd, 2005, 06:55 PM
I have read Faulkener and yes, he is good - considered one of the BEST American authors of his generation. You are probably reading better stuff than me. After a long hard day, I like to read mysteries - not so much the classics but Patricia Cornwell, Jance, Sara Paretsky, and even the writers of cosies like Lilian Jackson Braun or Mary Daheim. I know I prob should read good literature but I do that on occasion - and spend so much writing reports. research and other med stuff that escapist fiction is quite helpful.

I did like the Da Vinci Code - for all its controveries. And I love books about animals like The Incredible Journey.

Daisy's Owner
June 2nd, 2005, 07:05 PM
After next Wednesday, The DaVinci Code is the very first book I am going to read. First inline in front of all the dog books I want to read.

I can't wait.

Melanie, I don't know weather I should hope for rain or sun for you. I hope you get both. In very short order.

melanie
June 2nd, 2005, 07:31 PM
we are in the midst of a really really bad drought , thats been going for years. its such a tease when clouds come, sooo disapointing. i would love it to rain forever, i for one could happily live in an ark. :D

Jackie467
June 2nd, 2005, 11:49 PM
If it wasn't for work I think I would go crazy. I have a bad habit of sleeping on boring dull days. I hope your friend has her baby soon, then maybe you and her could take care of the babies together (don't know if that is possible with the age diff. of the babies. I never had any myself so don't know much about it :o hope it doesn't sound totally stupid). I'm actully waiting for my new neice to be born, my SIL went into the hospital today with contractions. (she is two weeks late so if she isn't dialated by tomorrow they said they're going to induce labor). It will be the first neice or nephew born since I got with Tomas, I don't have any living brothers or sisters so they will be the only nieces and nephews i'll ever get.

lilith_rizel
June 3rd, 2005, 10:19 AM
Jem and I plan on doing alot together after she has the baby and has recovered. They will only be 5 months apart.

Blaze01
June 3rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
I have lived her for 13 months, and had plenty of friends, but with it being military, I guess you have to find new friends all the time. I do enjoy to read, but I have to find the right book. There really isn't any genre (sp?) that interests me, it all depends on how the book's plot is laid out. I don't even have foavorite authors. I will read a great book from one author, and then look for another one by the, and read it, and 90% of they time, I don't care for it..... I have heard some things about William Faulkner. Has anyone read any of his books?

Faulkner is good but it was kind of hard for me to get into...I read all the time and I find it the most entertaining thing to do on a "dull day"
Most of the books on Oprahs reading lists are really good...
Wally Lamb is my favorite author...he has only written two books:
She has come undone
I know this much is true
he also helped out with a book called....we just couldnt keep it to ourselves (i think thats the name) the book has ten to twelve essays and short stories written by women in prison. Its wonderful and eye opening.
check out Amazon for interesting books