Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

little boy helps injured dog, local hero

melanie
June 2nd, 2005, 06:20 PM
now for a happy story..

today in the local paper i read a wonderful story about a brave boy and a dog.

police have reported that a 10yo boy found an injured 15yo cattle dog at the park (injuries and boys statement-appears to be inflicted by other children). after a long wait with the dog the boy managed to get someone to call the police for him (what a sweet heart) and then he stayed with the injured dog in the dark (around 8pm) in the park.

he told the police he stayed as he had to protect the dog from bad kids.

i cried when i read this, what a wonderful little boy :angel: , so brave and so caring, to risk being in the park after dark, and to risk defending the dog against those rotten kids. now his parents should be so proud, and i read they certainly are.

and to reward his efforts, a local business gave him a game boy advanced and some nice games :love:

he is our new little ocal hero thats for sure :angel:

happycats
June 2nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
What a heart warming story http://bestsmileys.com/crying/8.gif
And what a sweet boy :angel:

kandy
June 3rd, 2005, 12:44 PM
It's really nice to read something like this. All too often the media focuses on the bad stuff instead of trying to find any good. Thanks for posting it!

Princesss04
June 3rd, 2005, 12:46 PM
Thanks for posting that! That is a wonderful story! :D

lezzpezz
June 3rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
Does it say if there is an owner of the dog? It would be wonderful if the boy could adopt the poor dog. And what of the bad seeds? Did they get caught and punished? Don't leave me hanging! :pawprint:

Cactus Flower
June 3rd, 2005, 01:16 PM
Now there's a kid who was raised right!

Thanks for posting such an uplifting story.

melanie
June 3rd, 2005, 06:56 PM
the dog was microchipped (yay for chipping) and was reunited with the owner, the dog needed medical attention as its injuries were pretty bad. but they hve not caught the kids YET, i hope they do, little monsters. :mad:

the boy will be nominated for a young australian award, i think that is wonderful, tht is the type of kid that i definatly think is the epitome of what it is to be a young australian.

the whole town is talking about him and the whold town is so proud of him :love: hopefuly he will inspire other kids to be good and hlepful. :angel:

babyrocky1
June 3rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
What a great story, thanks for the post. The little boy must have had good parents who taught hin respect for animals! :thumbs up