Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Belly Casting

Safyre
June 2nd, 2005, 06:05 PM
Has anyone here ever had a belly cast done? Does everyone know what it is? (if no, I'll reply to explain)
How much would you preggo readers be willing to pay to have a cast done?

Curiosity, if anyone replies, thanks!

raingirl
June 2nd, 2005, 06:15 PM
I know what it is, and plan to have them done when I have kids. However, we are going to do ours ourselves. I've done casts of many body parts before, so I never thought about how much it would cost to have someone else do it.

Are you doing just the cast or are you decorating it too? I know a lot of artists that do them, and decorate (paint etc) based on info from the parents, then they seal and laquer it. some people just cast it and give to the parents, and the parents can take it to be bronzed or metal casted.

If you use a latex insert (latex before casting) you can use it as a mold and make a plaster mold instead.

Safyre
June 2nd, 2005, 06:22 PM
In Chatham, NO ONE does belly casting that we know of. I know how much someone charges in London, but seeing as we are smaller, wanted to be a lil cheaper because Chatham is sorta poor :(
I will be decorating the casts as well, collages, painting and what not.
Luckily, there is a women who is basically mentoring me (the one from London) so I get her info alot.. just thought I would come on here, since alot of us are canadians and see what ppl thought of it, the cost and what not.

melanie
June 2nd, 2005, 06:23 PM
ive never been pregs so never done it, but i know some local woman who make a fortune doing it. they are both artists and only do pregnant woman. their casts are painted in the most magnificient designs, and are hung on a wall or mounted on a bust stand. thay are jsut beautiful and make a wonderful gift to an expectant mother....

are you getting one?? if so please post a piccy when done, i would love to see it. and if your good at it well theres a neat little business idea. :D

Princesss04
June 2nd, 2005, 10:00 PM
I have not had it done but I think that it is something I would like to do when I get preggers! :D

twinmommy
June 2nd, 2005, 10:28 PM
ummm, my kids are almost 2 and I could still do it....sniff sniff, sob!!!http://bestsmileys.com/crying/3.gif

Safyre
June 2nd, 2005, 11:41 PM
aww, twinmommy :grouphug:
no worries, my bestfriend who is preggers right now looks like she is carrying twins cuz she NEVER lost anyweight after her first pregnancy. she has looked 9 months preggers for 14 months.