Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Scrapbooking!

Princesss04
June 2nd, 2005, 02:40 PM
Just wondering if anyone scrapbook! I started about 6 mts ago and I love it just wondering if anyone one else does. :)

Sneaky2006
June 2nd, 2005, 02:47 PM
I do, I do!!!! I don't do it as much as I would like though.... It's like I need my own room for it, with all the crap you need!

lilith_rizel
June 2nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
I have one that I started back in 2003, it was a christmas gift to James in 2003. I didn't get too many pages, because we didn't have to much time together before he left fot basic training, and now that we are married, and have an online album, I have to admit, I haven't worked on it for a long time. But once James starts to get his separation pay, I am planning on starting one for Judith, and another for the new baby. First pictures of course will be ultra sound pictures!

And being that there is a scrapbooking topic, where is a cheap place to buy all the decals and such. I know there is walmart, but for 5 little peices, it is $2-3, so over time it can really add up!

Princesss04
June 2nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Sneaky so true! I started and Justin finally cleaned out the other office room and now that is my scrap room! That way I can leave my stuff out and go back in there and work when I need to. :D It does take up so much room! I love it though. Getting ready to do out wedding album and start on Meater's and Chino's albums. What are you working on now? :D Where do you get most of your stuff from? Do you all have Creative Memories where you are from?

raingirl
June 2nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
I don't scrap book, but our local dollar store sells all the stuff for $1 to $2

Princesss04
June 2nd, 2005, 02:52 PM
I have one that I started back in 2003, it was a christmas gift to James in 2003. I didn't get too many pages, because we didn't have to much time together before he left fot basic training, and now that we are married, and have an online album, I have to admit, I haven't worked on it for a long time. But once James starts to get his separation pay, I am planning on starting one for Judith, and another for the new baby. First pictures of course will be ultra sound pictures!

And being that there is a scrapbooking topic, where is a cheap place to buy all the decals and such. I know there is walmart, but for 5 little peices, it is $2-3, so over time it can really add up!

How do you do an online album and where would you do something like that. I would like to do something like that as well so that I could send it my family. I scan my pages and load them on snapfish.com so that family can view them. I also send alot of my pictures through there. :D I just finished my dating album! I love to take pictures so I have to scrap about two to three days a week to keep up. LOL :D

Princesss04
June 2nd, 2005, 02:55 PM
Lilith you can get stuff from the dollar store just make sure it is ACID and Lintage (spelling) free! If not over a period of time it will mess up your pages. :D I think getting your pictures in something that will last a life time is so important. That is the only memories some kids will have of their parents, etc. I am collecting receipes from friends, relatives, etc I am going to make a receipe book with their receipe a picture of the person and a letter that they wrote telling about themself and put them all on a page and save that for my kids. My children will be able to look back and see mom and dad before we were married and after, etc. So anyway you can buy stuff from Wal-Mart, Dollar Store, Hobby Lobby, etc. Just make sure it is Acid and Lintage free. :D

Sneaky2006
June 2nd, 2005, 02:55 PM
I get a lot of my stuff from AC Moore (sp) and walmart has a bunch now. I have gotten stickers from the dollar store though. I'm not sure about Creative memories.
I mostly do pages of my son... I just did a baseball one from his pics from last year... I need to keep up! I love the thingies (I don't know what they're called) you can put on pages, but they're so expensive! I got a lil baseball outfit and a glove and tickets to put on the page.
I haven't done too much yet, I feel like I could spend $1000 on this stuff and still need/want more.
I sent you a PM!

Princesss04
June 2nd, 2005, 03:09 PM
That is how I am I can buy things and still want more. I buy things when they are on sale or have in mind what I need (to do a page) and only go and get that.

If not I can spend a ton of money.

I buy alot of stickers when they are on sale because I know I will use them some time or at our crop parties and scrap parties you can trade with someone that needs that kind of sticker or a color of paper and you can give them that one and they will give you something. :D

lilith_rizel
June 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Princess, I have an online album on yahoo. It isn't as fun as scrapbooking, it just stores all your taken photos. Which is great. We use it basically for friends and family, being they are all so far away, and don't get to see us very often. It also works great for back up, incase your computer crashes or something. Since we have started using that, I don't have to worry about saving my pictures on a disk or anything anymore.

CyberKitten
June 2nd, 2005, 05:46 PM
I used to have a scrapbok way back when in high school - still have it, one of those old fashioned kinds with the old time picture corners. Recently, the wife of one of the Ministers of Health in the Maritime provinces asked me in my travels if I would pick her up some stuff so it has rekindled my interest and I'd like to start again.

Princesss04
June 2nd, 2005, 08:59 PM
I think that is a great idea! I think everyone should scrap their memories! :D

Catt31
June 2nd, 2005, 09:03 PM
I scrapbook too!! I've done 2 as gifts (engagement, parents 50th anniversary), 2 for mine & Tim's time together, and am working on our wedding book now! I buy a lot of stickers from the dollar stores too, Zellers & WalMart are starting to sell a lot of scrapbooking stuff for cheaper than Michaels or any scrapbooking store. It's my friday relaxing time! I usually do 1 or 2 pages a week - depends how busy I am! But I love it!!!

Princesss04
June 3rd, 2005, 09:45 AM
Catt I find scrapbooking realaxing as well and I love to look back at pictures! I wish we all lived closer and we could all get together and scrap book together. :D