Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dandelions?

LittleLoves
June 2nd, 2005, 02:30 PM
Hello folks!

Have a quick question. Oscar is now 12 weeks old and we spend a great deal of time playing outside. For some reason, he is attracted to dandelions. He doesn't exactly eat them, but he snarls and growls and then pounces on them and tears them apart with his mouth. :p It's funny to watch, but are dandelions toxic? :confused: ?

doggy lover
June 2nd, 2005, 02:37 PM
I don't believe they are, my lizard loves them.

levimh
June 2nd, 2005, 02:37 PM
I'm sorry I can't answer your question, I just pictured him doing that. Silly boy!

This morning I had Levi out for a run and he got wet (from a puddle) underneith him (where his belly is ALL white). After he got wet he rolled around in the dandelions all over the place. His belly is now all yellow and it looks like he peed on himself.

LittleLoves
June 2nd, 2005, 02:45 PM
(where his belly is ALL white). After he got wet he rolled around in the dandelions all over the place. His belly is now all yellow and it looks like he peed on himself.

Oh my gosh...same with Oscar! Around his mouth his yellow from chewing them up. :p

raingirl
June 2nd, 2005, 03:16 PM
dandylions are perfectly safe. You can buy dandylion leaves for salads at the grocery store, and people make wine out of it. Totally safe. The only time they are not safe is if they have been sprayed by pesticides.

LittleLoves
June 2nd, 2005, 03:18 PM
Thank you raingirl! :)

MollysMommy
June 2nd, 2005, 05:50 PM
His belly is now all yellow and it looks like he peed on himself.

Hahahaha. Laughed out loud at that one. Too bad Molly is all black...I could definitely see her doing something like that!

glasslass
June 2nd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Sorry Den-Den, NOT a dandelion!

kandy
June 3rd, 2005, 11:23 AM
I'm really glad to hear that dandelions aren't toxic to dogs since Hazel thinks it's great fun to tear em up. I've also caught her with a bloom from my lilac bush, which she shredded, and I watched her trying to jump up to grab a branch on a chinese elm tree yesterday. The branch was just barely out of her reach but it was funny to watch her fat little body trying to jump high enough to grab it. We have a peony plant in the backyard and I hate to see what she'll do when that blooms! :p