Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppy frustration.... RANT

jessi76
June 2nd, 2005, 11:03 AM
to my sweet 11wk old pup....

my couch is not your toilet. the trash is not a toy. the kitty does not like to wrestle. going for a walk is not an invitation to play tug-o-war with the leash. pinecones are not chew toys. sticks should stay outside. moss is not food. my jeans have enough holes in them, thank you. you can't dig to China through the carpet. you're too small to jump over the baby gate. running through the house with my underwear is indeed funny, but not appropriate. victoria's secret makes fancy bra's, not fancy chew toys. your water dish is not a swimming pool. the fluff belongs INSIDE the stuffed toy. the neon green fuzz on the tennis ball is not frosting. you are lucky you're so cute.

Princesss04
June 2nd, 2005, 11:05 AM
Hey thought sounds like my boys as well! LOL :) :pawprint:

Eleni
June 2nd, 2005, 11:08 AM
cuteness i beleive for a pup is a survival mechanism :P

no seriously its frustrating, but when you look at those sweet sweet eyes you just melt.

Eleni

Trinitie
June 2nd, 2005, 11:09 AM
Ah, typical puppydom. Now we know why they were made so darned cute. Really hard to stay mad at something that adoreable huh? :love:

jessi76
June 2nd, 2005, 11:16 AM
yeah, it's just frustration, I could never be mad at a puppy who is just being a puppy - he will live, i will learn, and do alot of laundry in the process...he is indeed worth it.

Dogastrophe
June 2nd, 2005, 11:41 AM
Puppies - 95% frustration for 5% enjoyment .... yeah, it's still worth it! :crazy:

doggy lover
June 2nd, 2005, 12:08 PM
Welcome to puppyhood, just wait until he eats your couch and chews holes in your drywall.LOL

kandy
June 3rd, 2005, 06:24 PM
just wait until he eats your couch and chews holes in your drywall.LOL

That one I don't find funny! J/K We have bare drywall in the living room right now (better not be for too much longer - oh, sorry, different thread) - and Hazel is one active little girl, let me tell you! She stole a stuffed wolf (I collect wolf things) out of my room and went tearing out the doggy door with it. Luckily hubby realized something about the shape of the toy wasn't quite right and hollered at me. Sure enough - she thought she had a really nice treasure! She just looks at you like, but I'm so cute! :p She is doing well with the potty training, but we're not there yet! I'm looking forward to getting a good night's sleep again. :D