Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

DOLA info on Ban

mona_b
June 2nd, 2005, 10:57 AM
Just some reading to the new ban.

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/pubs/dola-pubsfty/dola-pubsfty.asp#TOC_04

Copper'sMom
June 2nd, 2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks Mona_b! According to this we don't have to muzzle our Pit Bulls until October 28th instead of August 29th!

babyrocky1
June 2nd, 2005, 11:56 AM
Thanks Mona YOU just made my day!!!!! Two more months ---- Ill take it!!!! this really takes the pressure off, Ive been dreading this summer cause Iknew Id be counting down the days! Happy Summer Everyone! Im going to clarify it when I go to register Rocky cause I don't trust anything that comes from the attorney generals office, but thats just me being paranoid! HURRAY!!! :party: PIT BULL PARTY!!!!

mona_b
June 2nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Bows to everyone...... :D

Now just remember something.The 60 days is the transition period.It was said that this is given to get the dogs all s/n,licenced,and chipped by this date(Oct).And time to have the dog used to the muzzle.

So I actually think that all you Pit,Pitx owners should print this out.And keep it with you at all times anytime after August 28th....... :)

So party hardy all you Pit owners...... :highfive:

GWPsRock
June 2nd, 2005, 01:27 PM
question......how does a dog drink through a muzzle?

Muzzles should be humane, but strong enough and well-fitted enough to prevent the pit bull from biting, without interfering with the breathing, panting, or vision of the pit bull or with the pit bull's ability to drink.

can someone post a picture of a muzzle that would comply with this statement?

Dukieboy
June 2nd, 2005, 03:17 PM
question......how does a dog drink through a muzzle?

can someone post a picture of a muzzle that would comply with this statement?

Ya, I'd like to see an example of this too!

Schwinn
June 2nd, 2005, 04:14 PM
Wouldn't that just rock if there wasn't one? It would nullify the law, as it was a law that could not be complied with. I'm sure there is one out there somewhere, but this would be the biggest embarassment for them if the law fell through because of this! :fingerscr

babyrocky1
June 2nd, 2005, 05:51 PM
I think that a dog can drink from a "cage muzzle" Hannible Lecter style. :sad: Not a pretty picture but I believe it is the safest, Im still not sure about that, but I have heard that it is the safest as there is no chance of them not being able to pant like the nylon ones. There have definately been threads on the site about muzzles before, someone posted a link to a store but when I tryed it, didn't work. Good idea about the print out Mona, you can't be too careful when it comes to this horrible ban!!! You have to know your rights and be able to back up your knowledge if need be.

Dukieboy
June 3rd, 2005, 09:13 AM
Apparently they can drink with this muzzle on. Oh dear, I guess it is time to buy one and get Duke used to it. :(

Copper'sMom
June 3rd, 2005, 11:43 AM
What are they supposed to do?? Drink out of the side of the muzzle?? The front(from what I can see) doesn't look as if the openings are as big as the sides :confused: