Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Revolution application

raingirl
June 1st, 2005, 12:38 PM
Just a question for people who have used this TOday is supposed to be the first application. It says to squeeze the whole tube out in one spot.

Anyone know how long it takes to dry? Odin likes to roll around on his back and I'm afraid that as soon as I put it on, he will start to roll around to get it off. Should I maybe put his harness on and tie him to me so he can't lay down or roll?

Thanks!

Copper'sMom
June 1st, 2005, 12:48 PM
Just be sure to part his hair so you are applying it directly on the skin. You can do it in a few spots along his back in areas he can't lick. It absorbs quickly, so don't worry about him rolling around and wiping it off!

nymph
June 1st, 2005, 12:49 PM
Very fast, perhaps only a few minutes, but avoid water for at least 12 hours.
I assume that it stings a little bit because of the smell and that Diego would swirm wildly when I apply the medication.

SnowDancer
June 1st, 2005, 12:56 PM
Just before bed time. And when dog is dry - hopefully it won't rain. Be VERY grateful your pup has short hair. It is a lot easier as I know. When we got our Eskimo last July we had to apply it for first time to dog with hair - double coated no less - but it wasn't as hard as we thought it would be to part hair and see skin - definitely a 2 man job. But this year hair is a lot thicker. Tonight is the night again. I have out hair clips, my comb etc. - anything to find that pink skin. It will absorb very quickly.

savannah
June 1st, 2005, 02:42 PM
My dog would get "sick" when i used to use revolution. She would literally not eat for days after we put it on her, and would also hide under the bed and we would have to beg her to come out to use the bathroom, and i have a feeling she would even vomit after we would use it on her (it's been a while). Once i finally clued in that everytime we put this stuff on her, we had to take her to the vet for her weird behaviour, we then decided never to use it again.
Good luck with it! I think as long as you get it on the skin, and keep him away from getting wet, that you should be okay.