Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Winston is back.:-(

Lucky Rescue
June 1st, 2005, 10:54 AM
Winston is back. The person who adopted him has been hospitalized indefinitely and the husband is unable to take care of him and their other dog.

We really need to get him into a home as soon as possible.

Winston is very smart, handsome and affectionate. But the puppy in him still does not know his limits. He's got a lot of energy, is very exhuberant and loves to have a good time - a gangly teen who needs some structure in his life and someone who is calm, committed and caring.

He was never trained as a young pup and we are now working with a trainer to teach him the finer points of good doggy manners, in a gentle and consistent way. He is very motivated and one of the wonderful results of that training has been to discover his very natural talent for agility. He also loves to play ball, go for long runs and now walks quite nicely with the halti.

He's part Bernese and part Shepherd, nine months old and should reach about 65 lbs when fully grown.

P.S. He loves kids but they should be at least 8 years old. Don't tell anyone, but deep down, he's really quite a sucky fellow...

www.gerdysrescue.org
info@gerdysrescue.org

Copper'sMom
June 1st, 2005, 11:11 AM
Oh poor Winston! He is a handsome fellow!

Lucky Rescue
June 2nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Here is the latest pic of Winston.

Toonces
June 2nd, 2005, 04:15 PM
Wow what a good looking boy! I hope someone is able to take him

doggy lover
June 2nd, 2005, 10:03 PM
I wish I could take him, I wish I could take in all the poor dogs in the world. He is beautiful and looks very loving kind of reminds me of my last dog when he was younger, some thing about the look of the BMD they have a noble look about them.

Princesss04
June 3rd, 2005, 12:50 PM
Poor guy! I hate to hear that he has not found his forever home yet! I hate that he is going through this. Please keep us posted on what is going on with him.

GWPsRock
June 3rd, 2005, 01:30 PM
I am happy to report that a co-worker of mine has been interested in a Bernese in awhile, so, I forwarded her this thread, and she is looking into Winston...she has contacted the Rescue, and is now working on her BF! :)

:fingerscr for her and the little guy!!

Rita
June 3rd, 2005, 02:18 PM
Ooh I do hope your co-worker is able to convince her BF to take Winston ... he is sooooo cute :p :fingerscr

Lucky Rescue
June 3rd, 2005, 02:23 PM
I am happy to report that a co-worker of mine has been interested in a Bernese in awhile, so, I forwarded her this thread, and she is looking into Winston...she has contacted the Rescue, and is now working on her BF! :)

:fingerscr for her and the little guy!!

Thanks! Please keep us updated!!

GWPsRock
June 14th, 2005, 10:27 AM
quick update:

Co-worker went to visit Winston on the weekend....they are trying to figure out how they can adopt him. I won't go into their personal details here, but, they are doing everything they can to give this wonderful dog a home!

They fell in love with him!

They also said that the kennel that he is at right now (Chenil Au Bercail) is absolutely amazing!

Lucky Rescue
June 14th, 2005, 10:33 AM
They also said that the kennel that he is at right now (Chenil Au Bercail) is absolutely amazing!

Yes, Diane is great, and I would recommend her kennel to anyone!

I hope this works out for Winston.

GWPsRock
June 17th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Great news - Winston will be going to his forever family on July 10th!

(They have to work some things out and have a travel situation that can't be cancelled before that!)

Gerdy's Rescue is keeping him until then..... :) :crazy:

I can guarantee that if it hadn't been for this forum, my coworker would not have found Winston....the perfect dog for her! :) Thanks for all the hard work everyone does....

Rita
June 17th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Hurray for Winston !!! :grouphug:
Hurray to you for forwarding Winston's info to your co-worker :highfive:
Hurray to your co-worker for giving Winston a forever home that he deserves :pawprint: :love: :thumbs up

BoxerRescueMTL
June 17th, 2005, 02:29 PM
This is awesome!! Yay for Winston, I LOVE that name :)

Lucky Rescue
June 17th, 2005, 02:43 PM
He's going to Calgary, right? I hope this is his last home.:D

GWPsRock
July 6th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Winston (soon to be known as Gibson) is being picked up on Sunday by my co-worker. They will live in Ottawa until the fall, which is when they will move back to Calgary to be with his new Dad and sister (Lyra - husky / bluetick coonhound - I think)!

Yippee!!!

doggy lover
July 6th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Best wishes in your new life Gibson. :angel:

heidiho
July 6th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Wow He Is Beautfiul,wish I Could Have Him...

Goldenmom
July 6th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Awesome! I LOVE happy endings!! :thumbs up

Heather

Lucky Rescue
July 6th, 2005, 07:37 PM
I can guarantee that if it hadn't been for this forum, my coworker would not have found Winston....the perfect dog for her!

Thank you for telling me that. It's very gratifying.:)

Hope all will live happily ever after!! Maybe you can get some pics to post here for us of Winston/Gibson in his new home??

Angeleyes1437
July 6th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Aww... this is such a fairytale thread.. I think I'm going to cry!!! :D