Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ordering baby wipes?

lilith_rizel
June 1st, 2005, 09:24 AM
Ok, I have fallen in love with these one baby wipes. They are alcohol free, and they contain aloe and lanolin. However, they are a pack that Judith started using in the hospital, and they sent her home with them, or they would have disposed of them. The brand name is Allegiance, wich is a cardinal health company. Do you guys think it is possible for regular people to order them? These things are great! I can even use them to wipe her face, and not have to worry about he disliking the taste, or getting something harful in her mouth, because all that are in them are water, lanolin and aloe....

raingirl
June 1st, 2005, 09:31 AM
Hmmm..I dunno.

We have baby wipes for Odin's bum (his tail doesn't go up high enough so gets a little poop on it sometimes) and they are alcohol free and lanolin and aloe based. Most of the baby wipes in the stores here are alcohol free and pretty basic.

I did some searches and found some places that sell Allegiance products, but not the baby wipes.

Here is their website:

http://www.cardinal.com/mps/brands/allegiancesp/

I would suggest contacting them to see if there is somewhere, like a medical supply store that you could get the wipes from.

Eleni
June 1st, 2005, 09:34 AM
pampers has a formulation of baby wipes that is alcohol free, hypoallergenic with Aloe.

they i find t be great, especially since Tyler has excema and I have to be pretty cautious what to use on his skin cause most things cause his excema to get worse

Eleni

lilith_rizel
June 1st, 2005, 09:36 AM
I am just wondering if they allow regular people to order some stuff, or if it hospitals only. I just found a place that does sell the wipes, but I have to register to order, and there are some things on there I don't understand, so I will do it later and see. Besides, I haven't even asked James about it yet. I am sure he will agree to it.... It is just how much, and if it is cheaper to buy in case instead of going to the store to buy the pamper or what ever they sell there, every 2 weeks.....I would have really liked them to have the price by the item on the site, but they didn't, you have to add it to the cart first I think :(

lilith_rizel
June 1st, 2005, 09:41 AM
Eleni, Same with Judith, she has exema too. But she breaks out even worse with the regular store bought ones. We have been lucky and have been able to be sent home with 3 or 4 packages of wipes, because each nurse ends up opening a new one, because the other one gets misplaced. So when she came home from the hospital the first time, we had about a 2 month supply, then she got sick, and ended up coming home with more..... We have tried multiple different brands and so far these are the only ones that don't make her break out. James and I both have vey sensitive skin too, his is to certain water, He will get a terrible rash with the city water her, but not with well water, or the water in AZ. I have skin sensitivities to certain body washes. They cant have any red or yellow dyes in them, or I get little red spots on my arms stomach and legs.....

raingirl
June 1st, 2005, 10:02 AM
Have you thought about making your own wipes? It's really easy and SOOO much cheaper.

I found a few "recipes" on the internet, but you can play around with it. Basically, most were a combo of baby oil, baby wash, and water. DO you have a wash that doesn't bother her skin??

Try this:

2 tbsp baby wash
1/4 cup lanolin (should be able to get pure lanolin at a drug store)
1/4 cup aloe gel
2 cups boiling water

Mix the first three in an air tight container and then add the boiling water.

most places suggest you find the softest paper towel you can, cut the sheets in half, and fold them in a tower so they fit in the container. Just put them in the container until they have absorbed all the liquid and you have wipes!

Do a search on the web for "home made baby wipes" and there are a ton of sites.

raingirl
June 1st, 2005, 10:06 AM
here is a site that had a lot of info:

http://www.mainstreetmom.com/budg/wipes.htm

Princesss04
June 1st, 2005, 10:20 AM
I was going to suggest making your own as well! I do not have a baby but my friend makes her own. I am going to do that when we have a baby (which hopefully will be sometime soon)! :D

Safyre
June 1st, 2005, 05:19 PM
Just to answer your question on what 'regular' ppl can order.
Yes, you should be able to order something like this.

Things like needles, medications... need prescriptions to order. In canada, I use Shoppers Home Health Care to order my casting supplies (belly casts)

lilith_rizel
June 1st, 2005, 05:26 PM
I might try the home made wipes. They probably would be cheaper....

lilith_rizel
June 1st, 2005, 07:20 PM
isn't lansinoh breast cream pure lanolin? I believe it is, and I already have some of that. You know that too is recommended not olny for breastfeeding mothers. but also diaper rash, and burns too.... I was reading it in the insert it came with. And it did wonders with the bad diaper rash Judith got in the hospital one time.... also good for chapped lips, used it after I had Judith, cuz I was on oxygen so long that my lips were one big scab from them being so chapped!

CyberKitten
June 1st, 2005, 07:46 PM
I am sure anyone can order them - tho I do not know about that particular company.

lilith_rizel
June 1st, 2005, 07:51 PM
raingirl, I made my own wipes just in time to change Judith's diaper. They are amazing. Like them alot better. Not only are they cheap, I also know what exactly are in them. Going to tell James that is what we are going to do from now on. He won't care I don't think. He pretty much lets me decide on things like that when it comes to Judith, because he assumes I know what I am doing.

twinmommy
June 1st, 2005, 09:06 PM
HEY!! Why don't you do that as a business, Lileth???

It's something that ALL MOM's would love, but don't always have the time for!! It's sounds great, too bad I'm so far I'd be your first customer!!! :grouphug:

as an afterthought, did anyone know how great wipes are for getting stains out of clothes??? I'm always wearing a bit (o.k. a lot) of baby food myself and wipes work wonders!!