Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

why not shop for a dog online?! w/shipping!

lezzpezz
May 31st, 2005, 04:50 PM
Have you ever seen such selling practices? I can't believe they'd sell ya a dog, sight unseen and ship from anywhere to anywhere! Sheesh, those poor animals!!

http://www.adpost.com/ca/ontario/pet_dogs_cats_puppies_kittens/

Mockingcat
May 31st, 2005, 05:03 PM
Eep! Just what I want, a little bundle I've never seen that could come with so many added "features", like heart murmurs and worms. :\

Lissa
May 31st, 2005, 05:19 PM
That's terrible! They are being treated like inanimate objects, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's ridiculous that animals can be treated like this. I can't believe that people actually buy from them and think they are getting a healthy puppy! It's SICK!

Melissa

melanie
May 31st, 2005, 06:29 PM
check out the the ads at the top of your page in petsca, i have seen so many ads here lately that advertise selling dogs online (and selling dogs in other ways), apparently it is rising in popularity. yeah its nice, real nice :mad:

Prin
May 31st, 2005, 09:46 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo :mad:

That's all I have to say about that.

levimh
May 31st, 2005, 09:47 PM
There was a big stink here about a year ago regarding buying pets online. A woman (and family) bought a chihuahua online from an online "pet store" (won't post URL), who are located in a neighbouring province. They drive around and will meet you wherever you want - in this lady's case, a parking lot. The puppy was said to be perfectly healthy. After bringing him to the vet a day later and spending lots of money on him, the little fella died. The family sued this place after a month or so, because they wouldn't pay for the bills. They'd only had the puppy about 3 days...the night of the day they got him was when the "sickness" started. The site claims that the dog must have gotten it AFTER it was delivered.

The site is still in business. They just put up their "spring line" a couple weeks ago.