Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Crash - 2005 - not a date flick

marko
May 31st, 2005, 03:11 PM
This is a very heavy, meaty film that will make you think. The film is not about conventional crashes per se - it's more about culture clashes or cultures crashing together in a complex and racist environment.

Some scenes are quite disturbing and you won't feel light and fluffy after you leave the theater.

That said, this is a fantastic film with rich performances by a variety of well known actors.

8.5/10

Trinitie
May 31st, 2005, 03:22 PM
Oh my, I have to agree. I went and saw a sneak peek before it fully hit theatres, and it was very deep. It certainly does make one think before opening one's mouth.

I give it two paws up :pawprint: :pawprint:

Cactus Flower
May 31st, 2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! Not that I ever get the good fortune of being on a date.....but you've definitely peaked my interest in the movie! I'll definitely be at least renting it.

Prin
February 20th, 2006, 12:42 PM
We saw this last week. What a hard hitting movie. It's a serious subject and they do it well.

marko
March 12th, 2006, 08:55 AM
I`m so happy it won best picture at the Oscars this year.

It was better than Brokeback Mountain (the favourite) and deserved to win IMO.

Prin
March 12th, 2006, 12:08 PM
To me, the way they gave out the awards, it was like saying they tied. If a movie really blows people away, it usually gets both the director's award and the best movie. The fact that they split it means that it was a tough decision (that's my take on it anyway).

mastifflover
March 12th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Crash was an excellent film and deserved to win. I really like the fact that neither one was big studio films which mean that it takes a lot more to get it out to the general public and they were both not the usual drivel we see. It also is great that Paul Haggis is Canadian and Brokeback was filmed out west. Lets see Best Pic last year Chicago made right here in Toronto, Best Pic directed by a Canadian he also did the screenplay for Million $ Baby. Yeah Hollywood north:ca: :ca:

Gazoo
March 13th, 2006, 09:40 PM
I agree...great film.

Prin
March 13th, 2006, 10:29 PM
There was a violent outbreak in a dollar cinema today in Montreal, and the reporters (always unbiased and trying to convey unbiased messages :rolleyes: ) had to say the movie they watched was Crash. I mean, it's a serious movie and I could see how people would get upset if others aren't taking it seriously, but still- it can happen at any movie.:rolleyes:

doggy lover
March 25th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I saw this on Friday, wow what a deep movie. I work with many different races, and try not to judge people by their colour, but I think we still all do. This movie held your attenshion, its been a long time since any movie has done that to me.