Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A bit about me

freds mom
May 30th, 2005, 04:21 PM
I live in the country on a small lake with my husband and our cat Freddy, A.K.A. Freightliner Freddy.

We are a trucking family and is why we nick named Freddy this. Our truck in a Freightliner Classic Condo and Freddy just loves to come on the road. He must have being in every States now in the USA. He is never a problem and the border guards all love him.

When not out with my husband I am home tending to my wild birds and outside work on the property. I don't have many gardens only those that were planted bye my husbands Mother many years ago. So I do care for them most. We don't have a lot of grass to cut being on the Canadian Shield we are on rock mostly. It is very pretty rock with all different colors.

Down at the lake we did put in new grass and have cleared more walking and sitting room. We are working on getting a dock put in. So I do have plenty of projects on the go also doing some renovations to the old cottage.

So I guess you can say I am a country gal who loves to travel with my husband and Freddy and have seen so many wonderful places in the USA and in western Canada. I haven't been up and over the Canadian Rockies as yet but I am sure I will go there at some point in time.

I am actively looking for my birth family which I have been successful in finding two brothers. This is very time consuming and can drain you so this is something I do when I feel up to it.

I like down home people and I like to help if I can. Our door is always open. We get a lot of stay pets from people who come up on vacation and their pets get lost. We always do a search and some we did find but the others we managed to find good homes for them.

I enjoy Cross Stitch and Ceramics. I can't read in a car or truck when moving so this is when I do my Cross Stitch. Ceramics is more in the winter. I can read the Maps when in the truck so I do the navigating most often.

I guess that is it. Being out in the country like this I don't have many neighbors so I spend my time on the computer when not busy. I have met so many nice honest people this way. I hope to meet more here with all of you.

Terrie
May 30th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Welcome to da board, FF and Freddy's Mom.
Pull up a seat and enjoy the reading.
Truck driver eh? Long haul?

I'm in the industry myself.
Looking forward to some pictures of Freddy driving the truck :D

lezzpezz
May 30th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Wow, what a full life you have! I am also a fellow Canuck from London Ontario, home of the KNIGHTS!! :crazy:

Where you live sounds very idyllic! That's the kind of place that my hubby and the dogs and I like to visit for a holiday, if we are lucky enough! Haven't for a few years, but will again!

Welcome aboard!!

freds mom
May 31st, 2005, 07:25 AM
I thank you. We go bye London all the time heading for the USA. We have been to London a few times in the past for Bowling Championships that my husband was in, did rather well :thumbs up

If you should want some info about places to stay at or what have you just let me know and I will send you the info. We have three places near us that are nice with one being over at the next lake up on the Trent.

It is a wonderful place to live and coming back from the long road we realize just how lucky we are. It is my husband's family property and lucky we had this. Did one full winter without any running water as it was a cottage and not setup for year round living but we made it and that was well over 15 years ago. I like to think it gave us charactor... ;)

Thanks again and hope to chat with you soon....... :ca:

Wow, what a full life you have! I am also a fellow Canuck from London Ontario, home of the KNIGHTS!! :crazy:

Where you live sounds very idyllic! That's the kind of place that my hubby and the dogs and I like to visit for a holiday, if we are lucky enough! Haven't for a few years, but will again!

Welcome aboard!!

freds mom
May 31st, 2005, 07:38 AM
Thanks also for the nice welcome. I will be posting some pictures of our Freddy soon. I have some from the big truck. It is Freddy at his best :clown:

Would be nice once in awhile to chat about our shared industry. It is a life on its own isn't it? Hard on those left at home and not for just anyone either. I know so many that have a hard time with this but I try and be there for them when I can. It is changing with so many regulations, The Fast Card being one. Oh well another time for this topic... ;)

Thanks again......... :thumbs up

Welcome to da board, FF and Freddy's Mom.
Pull up a seat and enjoy the reading.
Truck driver eh? Long haul?

I'm in the industry myself.
Looking forward to some pictures of Freddy driving the truck :D