Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

pets from shelters and applications

jackieb
May 30th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I have seen a beautiful dog in the southern ontario rescue in Brampton i have looked over the application. I will have my own house soon as we are moving would they need to inspect the house?
Also they ask for 3 references we dont know many people
And vet references i have never had a vet here what would i do

Just wondered about this as i will be looking very hard for a dog from arescue or a puppy i just was told about this particular dog as its what we are looking for but just wondered if they would consider us or not?

jackieb
May 30th, 2005, 04:13 PM
it says they do home inspections once approved would they consider you if you lived outside of that area?

raingirl
May 30th, 2005, 04:43 PM
We were in the same position. Our application for Odin asks for refs (although they were not called) and a vet check...well, I've never had a vet before having not had any pets (we had the usual small animals as children, but the never went to a vet for anything). I just explained all this on the application, and it was ok.

Just fill it out to the best of your ability. Maybe your husband knows some people at work who would be a good ref. One of my refs was my friend who now lives in scotland, and I choose her because I spent a lot of time with her and her dog growing up, so she was the only one who knew me around pets. The rescue said an email ref would be fine, so I gave them her email. Maybe you could do that on the app, put the emails of some refs back in the UK who knew you when you had a dog.

As for the house, that is up to them...the inspection isn't so much where you live, but just his environment... also to check if there is anything dangerous in your home. When we had our home check, she provided a few tips for moving things around so the dog wouldn't get hurt. It was really good actually.

Oh, and they probably have people who could do a home check no matter where you live...

jackieb
May 31st, 2005, 05:41 AM
thankyou raingirl thats a great help