Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat sitting in Ottawa

mesaana
May 30th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know of a pet-sitting/dog walking company or individual that is reliable who could come and visit my cat over the week-end, to feed him and give him cuddles?

My apartment is in Nepean. I would be gone from Thursday night to Sunday night so I would like visits on Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday. I usually take him with me to Montreal but this week-end, I might be going to New York city.

He could stay in someone's home also (I don't want him to stay in a cage) but he has severe food allergies so he can't have access to other food than his own.

Thanks for your help.

Lyne

nymph
May 30th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Bone Voyage (http://www.bonevoyage.ca/) offers premium in-home pet sitting, but expensive. I've never used their service, but got quote from them: $30/day for a puppy. I would assume it's less for a cat. The pain is that you'll have to fill out a long questionnaire, and they'll call you back with a quote.

Bekkers (http://www.bekkerspetcare.com) in Stittsville is a good kennel recommended by my friend. I did visit their kennel, it's not too bad. However I was quite lucky to find a last-minute sitter for my puppy, so I didn't use their service, I might next time I'm going away though.

Good luck!

Mom2many
May 31st, 2005, 03:53 PM
I know of an independent dog walker in Ottawa, he's the son of a good friend of mine and charges $12 per day. I will get his contact info. from my friend and send a response.

SnowDancer
May 31st, 2005, 06:44 PM
If in doubt, suggest you board your cat with the vet. Kitty will be in a cage, but will see lots of activity during the day. My husband's family also lives in Nepean but I don't visit - he does - so I am no longer up to date on Ottawa pet sources.

mesaana
June 1st, 2005, 08:47 AM
Thank you for all your responses.

The problem with boarding is that I don't have any vaccination records as the vet who rescued him didn't want him to get any more vaccines for medical reasons (he was vaccinated as a kitten but not since).

I have a couple of names and numbers (including one suggested by Bone Voyage as they only do dogs) but if your friend's son is available, I'll take his number also, Mom2many.

Lyne

happycats
June 1st, 2005, 08:51 AM
I wish I lived closer, I would do it for you!

mesaana
June 1st, 2005, 09:44 AM
Thank you Happycats! So many good people on here!

Lyne

Mom2many
June 1st, 2005, 09:56 AM
Hi Mesaana,

I sent you a private message with my friend's sons contact info.