Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New bump on her head

alliekat
May 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM
About two weeks ago I noticed a new bump appearing on Allie's head. At first I thought it was a pimple or an ingrown hair or something. It is all read now and has grown in size. I also thought maybe it was a tick and tried putting some vaseline on it but nothing happened. It is just larger than a pimple and is very hard to the touch. It is a pink color and does not hurt her. It is growing though. Any thoughts? If it is a tick is there another way to get rid of them? Since she is not in pain and it does not seem to bother her I don't think it is serious enough to go to the vet yet. Any thoughts would be appreciated though.

wjranch
May 29th, 2005, 11:12 PM
possibly a sebaceous cyst? You should have the vet check it out and aspirate it to find out what is inside. I doubt it will cost much (last time I had my shep/dobie in for one ....she developed a couple.... it only cost 16$ to check it out) My vet didn't see any reason to jump into removing them at that time as they didn't hurt her, or cause any other serious issues, and she isn't a show dog. So I decided to wait and see. She still has them, and they still don't hurt her... Maybe this summer I'll have them removed for esthetic reason only though. It's not really a medical issue

Prin
May 29th, 2005, 11:15 PM
I'd go to the vet. I wouldn't put anymore creamy things on it either... Might infect it more. ;)