Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help Searching Hansard

babyrocky1
May 29th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Hey guys can we help Jen searching through Hansard for information that may be particularly helpful with her plight? With so much there, its hard to know what testimonies would be the most beneficial. Here is a link for day Four. http://www.ontla.on.ca/hansard/comm...sembly/MO12.htm :sorry: this is not working, Loki has the links posted. they work, but when I try and bring them here they don't. SEE this is why I need help LOL

melanie
May 29th, 2005, 08:52 PM
bit confused, i dont think we are thinking the same hansard or maybe we are. (tried link, no luck)

Hansard in my world (australia) is the recording of parlimentry meetings, the official explanations is-Hansard records and publishes the debates of the Legislative Assembly and evidence taken by Assembly committees

if this is what you are talking about what is she looking for, is it a specific case that was discussed in parliment (hansard is often quite useful in legal battles and holding govt accountable to their promises). and if it is a specific case do you ahve the ref number or title or topic??

or am i jsut way of with no idea here?? and if i am jsut tell me what to do and i will help do it. :D if you like let me know and i will search our hansard for you also. cheeers and good lcuk

babyrocky1
May 29th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Oh Melanie, Im really messing this up, Yes I mean Hansard in that sence but Im referring to the four days of Committee Hearings that took place in Ontario when we tryed to stop the ban. All of the Experts concurred that BSL would not work and the findings at the committee hearings were completely ignored, infact Michael Bryant held his press confrence anouncing that he would go ahead with the "Pit Bull Ban" while the committee was still in session! Im posting this now because there is so much anti-BSL evidence in these hearings and we are hoping that Jen steele could use some of it in her fight! It is truly sad that these intelligent voices were not heard by most of Ontario!

melanie
May 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM
no your not messing it up, your doing a wonderful job and a kind decent deed. dont worry, most ppl will know what your talking about, thats fine mate im jsut livin too far south and fear my brain has melted :p but your doing a great job.

and best of luck with those stupid speciest morons :mad: sending all good vibes i can muster your way.

babyrocky1
May 29th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks Mel we can sure use those good Vibes over here. As I know you need all the positive energy we can toss back at you. Were all fighting some pretty powerful, extremely ignorant, forces these days! Anyway Ive rummaged through Lokis posts and moved them up, so we have days three and four. I havent found day one and two yet though. Does anyone remember who posted them. Oh and thanks again LOKI, LOL. Warning to all those with week stomachs, Bryant and Fantino are both in day four!

twodogsandacat
May 29th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Here you go. After reading this they still supported it and refused a dog bite registry. Idiots - didnít they know all this would be used as evidence in the court cases.

http://www.ontla.on.ca/hansard/committee_debates/38_parl/session1/legassembly/M009.htm
Jan 24

http://www.ontla.on.ca/hansard/committee_debates/38_parl/session1/legassembly/M010.htm
Jan 27

http://www.ontla.on.ca/hansard/committee_debates/38_parl/session1/legassembly/M011.htm
Feb 2

http://www.ontla.on.ca/hansard/committee_debates/38_parl/session1/legassembly/M012.htm
Feb 3

babyrocky1
May 29th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Thankyou!!!! Two Dogs, What took you five minutes took me an hour, yikes! Oh well I like to do things the hard wayLOL So Jen is it identificaton info that you want or just anti-bsl in general?

twodogsandacat
May 29th, 2005, 10:17 PM
No problem. Bury them with facts.

babyrocky1
May 29th, 2005, 10:19 PM
What Lovely images that statement conjurs up :thumbs up

twodogsandacat
May 29th, 2005, 10:32 PM
When I spoke with one of the people who testified at the hearings it was evident that Bryant made one huge mistake. He assembled for the first time in North America one of the largest panels of experts against BSL.

If he thinks they didnít walk away from those hearings with a commitment to work together and with day timers, blackberries, palms and notepads stuffed full of contact information and email addresses he is mistaken. These groups that had never worked together in such large numbers before were assembled together in the same rooms. In reality it was a great networking opportunity.

The next time he sees them assembled together again his crown attorneys should be having a very bad day.

babyrocky1
May 29th, 2005, 10:48 PM
I am now living for that day! I was just skimming through some of it and getting so P off again! Its just this sureal feeling that you believe that you live in a " democratic society" most of your life and then you witness something like those hearings being completely ignored, DEATHS of CHILDREN by dogs other than pit bulls, ignored. Two coroners inquests Ignored, why, to help Michael Bryant stay on television! One sleezeball politician! :yuck: Who would have believed it a year ago. And because I was there that last day it makes it all that much more revolting, one of the women who was there presenting, she was a breeder of Am Staffs, tried to talk to him, we ended up face to face with him in the hall. She said Mr. Bryant do you have a minute and he said, "no, I need all my time to read hansard." He had just finished the press conference he had given while people were still presenting! Oh and he said it with all the sarcasm he could muster! :yuck:I The Networking opportunity you were talking about Two dogs, made me thing that for Jen those days of hearings will definately help with a list of super star allies!