Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How many nicnames does your pet have??

meb999
May 29th, 2005, 05:20 PM
A friend of mine told me today that I have WAY too many nicnames for my little Buster. She said that I would confuse him, and he'd never learn his REAL name (even though he already knows it....) I ALWAYS use his 'real' name when doing obedience....and the rest of the time, he just answers to my tone of voice, not the actual name. :p

Here are a few of his names: buddy, angel, stinky-bum, puppy, monkey, bunny, drooly, bossy, cutie, handsome, droopy, dawgy, silly dawg, busty, tiger, big red, Boo, bobo, skinny-bone, bone-head...the list goes on and on!!!

How many names does your pet have??

Princesss04
May 29th, 2005, 06:12 PM
My boys know their names but they have a ton of nicknames as well! :D

JDG
May 29th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Because we have only had Marty and Minou a month - we obviously try really really really hard to call them their names.. . (which is sometimes kinda hard) They sorta know them I think!

I do say to Marty 'Marty - are you my special little guy?'

and Minou we always call her 'Pretty Kitty'

As a collective - I call them my little Moggies!

And when we come in, I always call to them 'Hello kiddens' 'come'er kiddens'

I'm sure as time goes by I'll have tons more nick names for them! :p

Prin
May 29th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Here are ours:

Boo: Boobear, Boobly, Biggie, Big Boo, Boobie, Boobs, Good Boy, Boobieloobie

Jemma: Jemmie, Cutie, Baby Girl, Little Girl, Crabby, Vicious doggy, Pretty Girl, Jemmalemma...

I think that's it. I call any of these, or basically say "Where's my (name)?", a doggy comes running (hopefully). Well, actually, when I say Crabby, I get a crabby dog, whether she was crabby or not to begin with...

melanie
May 29th, 2005, 08:11 PM
i moved this msg from the thread without poll

my little girl has millions. in 9yrs i have come out with alot-

CHARLIE THE WONDERDOG (we sign all leters and cards this way- from wondergirl and wonderdog )honey bum, honey heart, caramel dream, spunky chicken, spunky bum, hotstuff, my love, my heart, my one constant in a world of variables (she looks at ya funny when you say that one), sunshine baby, babsy, baby, beach baby, chucky chicken, chucky cheese, chuck, charles, miss cranky pants, fatso, you little mongrel, oi you, you little @#$% :D and it goes on and on (she will answer to anything in hope there is food :D )

Prin
May 29th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Maybe one should be closed. I'm getting confused... :confused: :)

meb999
May 29th, 2005, 09:46 PM
ooopsy!! I have absolutely NO idea how I managed to double post....(**confused***) must be a blonde moment!! Could a mod help me out and close one of the 2 posts??

Prin
May 29th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Close the one without the poll (polls are fun) :)

Rita
May 30th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Our Boyz have the following nicknames ...
Sam : Bugaboo, Runt, Runtaroo, Monkey Boy, Cuddle Monkey, Goofy, Cutie Pie
Merri : MerriBoy, Pretty Boy, Pretty Boy Merri (PBM), Sweet Pea
Pippin : Master Pippin, Pip, Brute, Big Brute, Handsome Dude, Mommy's Big Boy

I'm not sure they really know any of their names but they certainly do react to different tones of voice ;)

raingirl
May 30th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Odin has so many!

Wotan, Baby, Buddy, Puppers, Puppy, Doodles, Devil Dog, Dumb Doggy, Snuggle Bug,

Dog Mom
May 30th, 2005, 09:27 AM
here's a couple of my fur baby's nicknames
Zoe - sweet pea,boom boom zoom,crazy eyes
Gibson- goober, goobie, mr gibson, gibisioni
Punkin - spazz, punkin head, punk-a-roo
Buster - bussy, moma's boy, buzzer

raingirl
May 30th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Oh, I forgot some

Pup, Silly, Sucky Boy (he gets that one a lot lately because he BEGS too much!)

nymph
May 30th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Diego has tons of nicknames: Didi, sausage, meatball, doggie, puppy, sunshine, naughty, devil, cutie patootie, slick jack (Jack as in Jack Layton, usually after bath), snoopy...I lost count. Hubby also makes up Chinese names for him as he goes.

greaterdane
May 30th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Since I have 4 I will list my collection

Chihuahuas: mama, lady, crazy lady, diva lady, saboo, the precious(LOTR), precious possession, mo, mooieos, doctor mooieos lol, sexual chocolate(dont ask that ones jamies), mr mo, gishmooieos, Big Guys: ozzy, bubba, ozzy boy, ozbo, addy, ad-de(done in an odd voice), ad-- we arent too fun with his names yet. Mainly the chihuahuas have the craziest names and everyone that knows me laughs at how i talk to them and how they always listen to whatever name i call them.

BeagleMum
May 30th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Here are Spencer's:

Spence
Spencie Butt
Poopie
Pooper
Poopie Head
Poopie Night
Stinky
Baby
Bat Dog (when his ears are flipped back)

Here are Storm's:
Dink (started out as Stinky, then to Dinky then just Dink)
Ah you stupid cat

Here are Haley's:
Hales
Tweets
Ah you stupid cat

Schwinn
May 30th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Daisy has a few, and answers to a lot of them. Off the top of my head--

Pupper, Princess Proud-Puppy, Dumbass, Pupperrella, Daisy Dawg, Pup-Cake, Baby Dog

Hound_Dog
May 31st, 2005, 03:20 AM
Cafri goes by the names MekJu which means "beer" in Korean. His name is a brand of Korean beer.

Sometimes I call him Knucklehead.

My other two dogs are KimChi and KimBop....both Korean food names...they really don't need nicknames.

My other dog "SoJu", a name for a Korean alcohol, went to Canada to live with my mother.

iRONKNiGHT
May 31st, 2005, 09:32 AM
For day's i've been watching this thread and for some weird reason keep comming back... okay i guess i'll go ahead and post the somewhat shamefull
but cute name's i call Trixy :)

Trixy, Trix, Wickedness, Cutie, Killer, Sweetheart, Bottom (cuz she has a cute little bum) Munchkin, Pookie, Rollie Pollie Ollie (cuz she likes to roll around) and baby...

i guess that was not so hard after all..

6month old Trixy

charoscoe
May 31st, 2005, 09:48 AM
Here are a few of our dogs nicknames:

Charlie (Boston Terrier) aka Little pig
stinky butt, squishy, sir humps-a-lot, neebs, winky, smoochy, kitty, chuck, weenie, cow, pot roast, gibble, doofie,

Roscoe (Wolfhound X) aka big bad wolf
chewy (star wars), dumb ass, horse, elephant, cutie, roscoe pico, scooby, goober, cow, road block.

Just to name a few!!!

Dozer's Mom
May 31st, 2005, 12:05 PM
Here's Dozer's:

Dozer doodle
doodle
dozie
snoodle
dozer doodle snoodle
bull dozer
pigaroo

This is about all of the them. I don't know if he know's what his actual name is but he answers to just about any one of the above...lol.

Copper'sMom
May 31st, 2005, 12:40 PM
Copper: Stinky, mamma's boy, peter, peter pan, boob, pumpkin, bob, cooper or any name that pops in my head!

Zoe: Miss Zoe, Zoodle, princess pea, zoopy

kandy
May 31st, 2005, 04:03 PM
Since we haven't had Hazel very long, she doesn't have very many yet, but the list is increasing:

Baby Hose (yes, as in the Great White North)
Baby Girl
Sweet Baby Girl
Pudget
Miss Smarty Pants (when she tries to get her own treats)

levimh
May 31st, 2005, 08:39 PM
I have several of the same nicknames as others, but here are mine......(oh, this is embarrassing!)

Levi: puppy, puppy doggy, puppies, pretty dog, vicious/savage doggy, crazy doggy, Lev, Levy, sweeties, squishy, stinky, goofy, goofball, little man, my boy...most of the time I call him sweeties. Luckily he knows his real name.

Frisky: kitty, pretty kitty, fluffball, little miss attitude, squishy, precious...

I like reading this thread. It's good to know i'm not the only one with silly nicknames. :D

JanM
May 31st, 2005, 08:52 PM
Bobby - Our Golden puppy is also known as: Pigpen, goofball, Beachcomber, wonderdog, silly boy, beauty, sweety, killer, kungfu, scrounge, topdog, bull (as in bull in a china shop), pard (as partner), puppy, and many others too. he answers to all of them - by voice tone I'm sure!

Eleni
May 31st, 2005, 09:02 PM
Sam is known as sam, sammy, or sammers

thats about it he answers to sammy more then anything.

Hope my daughter calls him sam sam sam the man LOL

i said it once playing with him and she picked up on it and now thats about all she calls him, its cute

Eleni

Bearsmom
May 31st, 2005, 09:23 PM
Bear is known as Your Honour, and Bearpuppies (our son calls him that)

Kaos is Your Worship, and KAAAAAAooooooooo (son, again)

Aerial is Diva.

Two dogs together and when training are called "gentlemen"

glasslass
May 31st, 2005, 11:12 PM
For Den-Den, we use Punkie-pie, Bubby (baby-puppy cross), Bubby-pie, Santa Paws, Punk-Punk, Mama's Boy, Kissie Face, Kiss Monster, Happy Boy, Love-Love Boy

For Corky (real name Coors Silver Bullet), we have the Corkmeister and the Corkster.

Together, they're the Critters or the Boys.