Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Carrie needs out now!! MTL

Lucky Rescue
May 29th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Carrie, a very pretty petite little tortie/tabby has now been in a cage at the vet for over 5 months and is going bonkers! This is about 1/3 of her life since she is only about 1 1/2 years old.

She is in a basement where she cannot even see the light of day,and every time someone approaches, she reaches her little paws out towards them, just hoping it's her turn to go home.:(

She is playful and outgoing and would make a wonderful pet for anyone. Please - if you can foster or adopt her, call Debbie at (450) 424-0455 or go to the Dorion vet clinic at 204 Ave St-Charles in Vieux Dorion.

Cactus Flower
May 29th, 2005, 02:52 PM
she reaches her little paws out towards them, just hoping it's her turn to go home

Now there's a heartbreaking mental image :sad: .

Lucky Rescue
May 29th, 2005, 06:24 PM
It was heartbreaking. We were there to adopt another cat out (Wazoo) and while the paperwork was being done, poor Carrie was standing on her hind legs, reaching out as far she could through the bars like she was saying, "Please take me!! I've been here much longer."

:sad:

Cactus Flower
May 29th, 2005, 07:50 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sneaky2006
May 30th, 2005, 09:13 AM
That is so sad. That's how Snook got us, the only one who reached his paw out to touch me.
I couldn't handle it! Poor kitty. :sad:

SnowDancer
May 30th, 2005, 09:28 AM
This is how Charles got us - now departed. Really loved that cat. Lucky, I know how hard you try to find homes for cats, but I think that the poor elderly lady who died and instructed her Executor to have her 1 1/2 year old cat put to sleep probably did so because she was afraid this would be her cat's fate. It sure would worry me.

Lucky Rescue
May 30th, 2005, 01:52 PM
All of our cats get homes and usually in a much shorter period of time. Carrie is unusual in that due to circumstances she was unable to come to our last two adoption events, where she surely would have been adopted. She is the only cat who has been at the vet this long.

Since cats can live up to 20+ years, 6 months of unhappiness is balanced with MANY years of happiness and love. I'm sure if cats could choose, they would rather spend 6 months in a cage than be killed at 1 1/2 years old for no reason.:(

Reptile Watch
May 30th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I can foster her as long as Lucky rescue takes responsibility for her vets charges and adoption.

Julie

Reptile Watch
June 7th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Can we have an update on her situation?

Thanks
Julie

Lucky Rescue
June 7th, 2005, 02:18 PM
sorry Julie I've been busy and didn't see your offer! The vet feels Carrie has more exposure at the clinic, plus if anyone takes her it could be long term and she would need to be kept separate since she has had all vaccinations.

We're going to see if we can get her adopted at our next adoption event, and if not, maybe will contact you.

Thanks again so much!!!

SOS MIOW
June 29th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Is she still at the vet? If so, we can take her to our adoption day on July 10th in St. Lazare.

Luba
June 29th, 2005, 07:25 PM
This is killing me LR :(

Lucky Rescue
June 29th, 2005, 08:57 PM
OH, I'm sure I posted somewhere on this board that Carrie was adopted at our June 18 adoption event! :eek:

However her new owner didn't listen when we told her to take lots of time to introduce her to their other cats, and now there is a problem with Carrie bullying them.

She has been advised to start all over with intros and I hope for Carrie's sake it works out.

I wish people wouldn't be in such a rush!

I do not want to see her returned to that dark cage.:(

Lucky Rescue
July 14th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Well, Carrie is coming back.:( Her new owner says she doesn't get along with her cats.

The last thing we want is to see her returned to her dark basement cage, so if anyone can foster or adopt her, please let me know.

She is super sweet and friendly with people, but I guess may need a home as the only cat.

Luba
July 14th, 2005, 09:06 PM
CARRIE!! Put away those evil ways :p you kitty you're gonna not make it to your prom!!

Where is she now LR?

Lucky Rescue
July 14th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Right now she's still with the adopters, but I don't think they'll keep her very long.:(

SOS MIOW
July 14th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Well, Carrie is coming back.:( Her new owner says she doesn't get along with her cats.

She is super sweet and friendly with people, but I guess may need a home as the only cat.

We had the same problem with our Ziggy who was housed at our vet the last few months. They wanted to keep her as a clinic 'mascot' but she was very agressive to ALL animals (even jumped a golden in the waiting room).

Thank goodness we found a foster home with no other pets to take her (only until the end of the summer and then we are back to square one).

Perhaps we could put your Carrie and our Ziggy together and let the fur fly! (just a joke).

I wish you luck .... it's not easy with an uncooperative feline to house.

CyberKitten
July 15th, 2005, 12:08 AM
But surely there is some human out there fwith no animals or Carrie to love and be loved!!! Where she can be an only alpha cat and rule the roost!

chico2
July 15th, 2005, 08:18 AM
There are sooo many sad cats it just makes me cry...at my vet yesterday,they had 2 cats in the waitingroom in cages..one was an all orange very beautiful,large female(6 yrs old)dumped because of a new baby,the other a female little kitten and lastly the office-cat,an orange wonderful male,who's been there for 2 yrs..but he seems happy and contended to roam around greeting people(Rocky did not appreciate him!)he also is up for adoption.
Our HS is loaded with cats...what's going to happen to them all :sad:

Lucky Rescue
July 15th, 2005, 09:15 AM
There's no answer as long as people will NOT get their cats s/n, and will NOT stop dumping them.

Yes, there are homes with no other pets and who want to adopt. We had two of them last weekend. Unfortunately, we thought Carrie was staying in her new home at that time or she would have have been adopted.:(

Lucky Rescue
July 18th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Please keep your fingers crossed for Carrie!!

A very nice gentleman, who recently lost his own cat to cancer, was very moved by her sad story and is going to see her tonight!! He and his wife are an older couple, with no other animals and would be a perfect home for our problem child!:fingerscr

BMDLuver
July 18th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Everything crossed for Carrie! :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

Lucky Rescue
July 18th, 2005, 10:13 PM
They went, they saw her, they took her!!!

Carrie please be a good girl!!http://www.xmission.com/~emailbox/animate/a_angelkitty.gif

Luba
July 18th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Now Carrie, remember to behave like a good little prom queen okay!

No scratching, biting or otherwise destroying anyone or anything of fur content!!

WTG LR :D

chico2
July 19th, 2005, 06:56 AM
Oh yes Carrie,try to be good!! Her new home seems ideal,hopefully we will not hear she's returned yet again...

BMDLuver
July 19th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Oh Good! I hope everything goes swimmingly for Carrie!