Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

so upset!

lilith_rizel
May 28th, 2005, 02:13 PM
I was in a parenting chat room right, and all these men keep on hitting on me, and this one even had the nerve to do it, after he seen my profile which states that I AM MARRIED! and then asks me to describe my body to him. I then tell him the only man who needs to know about my body is my husband. Then he sayd who cares about my husband! It was a parenting chat room, not a dating chat room! It got me so upset that I just left. I can't even talk about parenting issues, without men being pigs! Just wait till hubby finds out about this one.

Lizzie
May 28th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Chat rooms, unlike boards like this, are notorious for stuff like that.

Sneaky2006
May 28th, 2005, 02:21 PM
I will never go into any chat room unless I know the people... like here. When we first got the net I went into an AOL chat room, boy was that a big mistake, sex, sex and more sex. Married, single, doesn't matter. I saw "press 123 for a good time" in my dreams for a week! It's like a meat market.

lilith_rizel
May 28th, 2005, 02:29 PM
the whole thing was that there were about 40 people there, and only 3 or 4 of them had to ruin the whole thing. The rest were actually talking about parenting. I jusst emailed James about it. I know he is going to be really upset about it, just like I am. I mean if I guy so much even checks me out, James better not see it, or they will get a butt whoopin'.

Terrie
May 28th, 2005, 03:54 PM
MY BAD
I do frequent chat rooms, but I'm very vengfull, I had a man whisper me in private and asked if my boss ever took me on his desk ( trust me i'm being polite ! ) so instead of responding, I cut this message from the PRIVATE room and pasted it in the OPEN room with his name ... needless to say, he left the room.
Once again,THE WORLD IS SO WRONG.... between psycho's in chat rooms, child molestations, rape, animal/ child killing.

I am very happy with my dog and wished the world was run by 4 legged animals. :mad: :mad:

Prin
May 28th, 2005, 03:58 PM
That's really disgusting. But to many people, a wedding ring doesn't mean anything. I wear my man's ring because we're practically married, and at school the boys don't even see it. I find it really disrespectful and insulting. :mad:

melanie
May 28th, 2005, 07:09 PM
its happening everywhere, i was jsut about to psot on this topic. the internet actually used to be quite nice a few yrs back, now there are freaks everywhere.

i am a member of an international stamp collecting club (stamporama if you wanna come for a visit). this club is made up of mostly older ppl who have been stamp dealers and collectors their whole lives. the are just wonderful to hve around and have a wealth of knowledge, they even sent me stamps for a wedding present, such a sweet bunch of ppl. we talk of nothing but our stamps and hobby, we dont chat about life or such, just mainly stamps.

well this week some mongrel has come on and started abusing everyone, they have made me so cranky. basicalyl in not so polite terms they told us we were all freaks and needed psychiactric assistance but they have gone to the effort to post it in alot of threads, stupid buggers, it was really mean and jsut so rude. what sort of loser would bother hassling stamp collectors for gods sake. it just really brought down the mood of the club this week, i think we are all a bit shocked that solmeone would do that in a stamp club, but i suppose if they do it in parent rooms and such well nothign should surprise.

gosh i jsut wish the creeps would jsut leave us all alone..... :evil: :mad: cant they go look at the dirty web sites or something and leave the rest ofus alone.

PS i often remind myself that if there are that many creeps online, how many are in yoru neighbor hood, *shudder* grose :mad:

as far as men respecting rings and such, ha. losts of men (certainly not all) in the world dont respect woman let alone her husband. countless times i have been walking in the street and men have said really disgusting things to me under their breath, and becuase they whisper it no one hears and i look the fool screaming in the street at a creep. i know plenty of other woman who experince this so im not alone.

i jsut get real sick of sexual harrasment both online and of, grrrrr.

LavenderRott
May 28th, 2005, 07:17 PM
When I first got online a few years ago, I thought that a rottweiler chat room would be a great place to go to meet people who liked rottweilers. Yeah. Wrong.

I spent about 10 minutes reading about who went out and got trashed the night before and what they were wearing while they drank their morning coffee.

Haven't been in a single chat room since.

I will chat with the people on my rottweiler forum though. In a private chat room like the one here.

Schwinn
May 29th, 2005, 12:07 AM
I remember being in a chat room and someone PM'd me asking if I wanted to have cyber-sex. I said no thanks, I was saving myself for someone cyber-special.

I wouldn't stress too much. Most chat rooms have an ignore option, and you can usually report users as well. And a lot of the time, it's just some juveniles seeing what they can do.

SnowDancer
May 29th, 2005, 09:11 AM
I suggest you just ignore it and stay off this particular chat room. As far as e-mailing details to James, I probably wouldn't bother upsetting him with it. Also if you were too descriptive in your wording I expect his e-mail program will filter your remarks. For example, if I e-mail my husband asking him to pick up my prescription at the drug store located by his office, the word "drug" will result in the e-mail taking 3 days to reach him as it is scrutizined. Remember if he is using his employer's e-mail for personal messages, they will be monitored.

chico2
May 29th, 2005, 09:57 AM
My first time in a Chat-room,many years ago,I did not take things very serious,lied about my age,got to talking regularly with this young man in Paris,France,nothing about sex,but we talked movies,poetry and music.
Well,when he was making a tour of North America I had to fess up and tell the truth about my age :D since I was going to see him in Toronto.
Don't worry,by then I had a regular correspondence with him,helped him with girl-problems etc...no romance.
Now,9 yrs later we are still e-mailing,he's now a father to twins and we actually have a great friendship,he was 29 when we started talking and is now 38 and he's truly a sweetheart.My husband has seen him and although in the beginning he was a bit concerned,now he looks upon him almost like a fourth son,although he lives in France,of course.
However,I now never visit chat-rooms...only sometimes the Swedish one,just tp speak(write)Swedish,but you are right,lots of filth!!!

Cactus Flower
May 29th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I jusst emailed James about it. I know he is going to be really upset about it, just like I am. I mean if I guy so much even checks me out, James better not see it, or they will get a butt whoopin'.

Lilith, why tell James about this? What good could it possibly bring?

lilith_rizel
May 29th, 2005, 03:31 PM
James was able to report harrassment, and I wasn't. I didn't know how......

Cactus Flower
May 29th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Oh, I see!

Sadly, you can run into this kind of thing in any chatroom. Ask James to show you how to use the "ignore user" feature- most of them have that. Then the other person's comments won't even reach you anymore. Sometimes it is called "block user".

It would be a shame for you to lose a chatroom that you find helpful because of jerks like this.

lilith_rizel
May 29th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Well, James also poineted out that they could possibley be hackers, and who knows what kind of information they could get from our computers, so he asked me to just find a decent parenting forum.....He himself has never been in chatrooms, but he knows alot about the internet, and can navigate pretty easily.