Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

"Planet Dog" dog toys

raingirl
May 28th, 2005, 10:58 AM
We got Odin this bone and he loves it!:

http://www.planetdog.com/cat_images/1060c-01.jpg

He picked it out himself at the Bark and Fitz in the beaches last weekend, and he carried it down queen street in his mouth all the way to where we parked. We got him the one that glows too! It's so cute. And because it has a hole in it, you can stick stuff in it.

Also, Odin actually is learning to play fetch with it!! because it's very rubbery, it bounces and it's flexible. It's also "self healing" which means if it gets a hole or puncture, it closes up over the defect...

I am impressed! I just wanted to recommend this to other pet owners as it is so cool!

Prin
May 28th, 2005, 02:49 PM
It's driving me nuts! I KNOW I have SOMEthing from planet dog, but I can't figure out what it is.... They do have buddy splash stuff, so maybe that's it... I don't know...

I think this is a good gift for father's day- some of the profit goes to prostate cancer research. (A bit expensive though-- $12.95 US :eek: )

kandy
May 28th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Is it made out of edible stuff? I know that nylabones are made to last a long time, and some of them are not edible. I like the idea that it bounces and glows in the dark, but I worry about Hazel getting a piece off it and eating it.

raingirl
May 28th, 2005, 09:10 PM
No...it's not edible, but as long as you watch your dog while they chew it, it should be fine. It has all large rounded corners, and I have a bulldog, and HE can't even get a hold on it to take a bite out, and he has a STONG jaw. Because it's all rounded and shiney, his teeth just glide on it because it is slippery. It's a great toy!

SnowDancer
May 29th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Regrettably the Planet toy did not stand up for more than a few minutes to my 21 lb. Eskimos somewhat extraordinary teeth and jaws. I buy him the West Paw Hurley - it bounces, bends, floats etc. He loves it - actually has 2 sizes - the big one to play catch with us and two smaller ones that he juggles with his raccoon like paws. Also have a West Paws ball of the same ZogoFlex material.

Jackie467
May 29th, 2005, 11:04 PM
raingirl is there a website you can order one of those bones from? It looks perfect for Candi. About how much did it cost if you don't mind my asking? Candi is pretty good about not eating bones, she loves to play fetch so that sounds like a pretty good all around toy.

Lissa
May 30th, 2005, 01:35 PM
I checked out the Planet Dog site and it looks great. I really like how they are an environmentally friendly business - they don't even send out cataloogs anymore because it's a waste of paper! They also have a dog toy that is made out of leftover materials! It's great and I'll definately order from them in the future!

http://www.planetdog.com

Melissa