Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

side effects to first round of vaccinations?

catmundu
May 26th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Rescued kittens (10 weeks old) received first round of vaccinations today. I have noticed that several of them appear lethargic. Do you all know if this is a common side effect?

One of the kittens, Scruffy, always demands my affection and has not done so since we've been home. I attempted to pick him up and he mewed for me to put him down immediately-note: this has never happened before! :eek: Perhaps he is sore at the vaccination site?

Any and all advice is most greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)

Karin
May 26th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Rescued kittens (10 weeks old) received first round of vaccinations today. I have noticed that several of them appear lethargic. Do you all know if this is a common side effect?

One of the kittens, Scruffy, always demands my affection and has not done so since we've been home. I attempted to pick him up and he mewed for me to put him down immediately-note: this has never happened before! :eek: Perhaps he is sore at the vaccination site?

Any and all advice is most greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. :)

Put yourself in their paws. This was a big day for such a young group..

Give them a little space and recovery time. Snuggle time is due big time tomorrow.

Prin
May 27th, 2005, 01:04 AM
I'm lathargic and crabby after shots too... Keep an eye on them for the next couple of days. Just make sure they don't get worse.

levimh
May 27th, 2005, 08:42 AM
My cat used to run away and hide after coming home from the Vet. If I found her, she'd give me this evil, evil look. I mean, those bright lights and all those dog/cat smells must be a tad overwhelming.

honeybee4
May 27th, 2005, 08:47 AM
When I brought my cat home from the vet after he got fixed, he was mad. He didn't come near me for two days. He would go to my BF and the kids though. He was mad at me because I drop him off. Give them a few days and I am sure they will return to normal again.

catmundu
May 27th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. :thumbs up Late last night they already appeared to be doing better, I am sure they will all be back to normal in the next few days. I will be sure to keep a close eye on them regardless.

I'm sure I would be feeling :yuck: after getting vaccinated for the first time as well- in fact, I'll just ask my mom to confirm! ;)

Thanks again- take care all. :)