Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Friends Poop zu's - trouble breething?

Ellen62
May 26th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Hello, I told my friend I would come on here and see if any of you have any ideas about her 3 month old Poop zu's breathing. He snorts, that seems to be normal but tonight he has me worried.. he has a runny nose, his breathing looks laboured and he is open mouth breathing. Any ideas, I think I have her convinced to see the vet tomorrow. Your ideas would be greatly appreciated! :confused: * Had to use the nice term for his breed name *LOL

Prin
May 26th, 2005, 09:12 PM
If you write shi-tzu, you don't get censored...

I wouldn't wait. I would go to the emergency vet. If he's getting worse- could be kennel cough, but could be heart failure. I wouldn't hesitate.

raingirl
May 26th, 2005, 09:17 PM
It's actually spelt Shih Tzu...

sounds like the pup has a cold maybe. A vet visit would be in order ASAP as in such a young dog it could be fatal.

Ellen62
May 26th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Thank you for your response... I will definitely pass that on... he is such a darling little guy I would hate to see something happen to him! Thanks again :)

Beaglemom
May 27th, 2005, 07:37 AM
I really hope your friend's dog is alright. Anytime an animal shows any distress in breathing, that is an emergency and should be seen by a vet asap.

Ellen62
May 27th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Hello I just wanted to let you know that my friend took her little Gizmo to the vet and it appears he has a cold. Thank you all for your help :thumbs up