Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pool opens......

lilith_rizel
May 26th, 2005, 08:22 PM
on Saturday. So I think I am going to take Judith swimming. She is about 5 months old, so I feel safe to bring her in pool water. And it won't be her whole body in there anyways. I bought a baby boat, even has a sun canopy attached to it! I think I am going to try it in the tub first, just to make sure it fits her properly. I am sure it will. and it is not like I'm not going to be right there. I would just feel safer her being in a baby boat, than me holding her, and her slipping out of my hands with them being wet. I am planning on saving up for this really nice one.

Baby Dolphin Float
Two fins up for surf & sun safety. After testing a fleet of baby floats, we chose this darling dolphin. Why? It's more than super stable and tip-resistant--it provides 360 of shade. Another reason? Our babies loved it! With a swiveling, detachable umbrella and comfy four-position seat that adjusts 8" in height. Includes built-in bottle holder and toy tray. For babies 6 months and up, up to 30 lbs. or 30" tall. Exclusively Ours!

BMDLuver
May 27th, 2005, 06:55 AM
awww. Both my girls used them as babies and loved them. They would happily float for hours in the pool. Just remember to put sunscreen on as the reflection of the sun off the water will still give them a burn even with the umbrella or canopy style.

lilith_rizel
May 27th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I know to still do that. Have had it packed in the diaper bag for a week or so now.

Princesss04
May 27th, 2005, 09:28 AM
When I would babysit I would take them to the pool and they loved it! I have so many pictures! I would check with Judith's doctor just to make sure with her heart surgery and all I would want to know for sure. I am sure it would be fine but just in case! :D Take some pictures so we can all see! :D

lilith_rizel
May 27th, 2005, 09:40 AM
They told us before they released her that she can't go into tub water, or pools until the butterfly stitches fall off. And they came off about 3 weeks ago. So they have already okayed it...... I will take pictures if I can find some batteries around here. Otherwise I will take them when we go next week.

kandy
May 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM
My son has loved the water since he was little. I used to take him to the lake when he was just a baby - we would sit on the shore where the water would be just enough for him to sit in (I sat with my legs creating a little pen with him in the middle) and splash. He loved it! At 22, he now loves to waterski, wakeboard, swim, etc. I wanted him to have as much experience with water as I could because my mom lives on a river that can be really deceptive - the undercurrents can drown you in places and because we spend alot of time at the lake.

lilith_rizel
May 27th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Once again, my mom is being a grandma. She said that pool water has too much bacteria! Especially with here having an aperation on her heart. Apparently, even though the stitches are gone, water can still get to here heart. LOL. I do have to love the way she cares so much. Caring so much that you worry about everything, is better than not caring at all... Besides, even if that was the fat, it is just her little feetsies that are going to get wet....maybe a bit of her belly. The baby boat I bought, is totally flat on the bottom with 2 leg holes, and she doesn't weigh all that much. (very tiny 5 month old, only 10 pounds) And the holes can be covered too, I am sure. But I don't think there is a need to worry about her incison, it is healed.

Princesss04
May 27th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I thought about that as well! I am a worry wart as well! I was just wanting what was best for her as well your mom does! :D

lilith_rizel
May 27th, 2005, 03:09 PM
The butterfly stitches they put on her, won't fall off until the incision is healed. There is a scar there, but that is obvious.... but that is it... no scab, no stitches. It healed alot fater than last time.....

Hey, I can be a worry wort over her too.....especially when she is in the hospital If I am not there one day, I call every hour, just to make sure nothing has changed!!!