Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

anyone going to woodstock or rescue walk a thon?

raingirl
May 26th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I was thinking of ordering some buttons and stickers from my Luv-a-Bull (http://www.cafepress.com/luv_a_bull) store to promote the movement against the legislation, and give them out at the events (just carry some on me and hand them out with a card with the address to the online store and explaining how all profits are donated to Banned Aid).

Does this sound like a good idea? How many should I order? I was thinking of maybe getting 20 of each of these:

http://www.cafepress.com/luv_a_bull.19124193
http://www.cafepress.com/luv_a_bull.19124176
http://www.cafepress.com/luv_a_bull.18905111
http://www.cafepress.com/luv_a_bull.18905188

If the links don't work (I'm doing some renovating today...so things may get moved around) I was thinking of getting 20 buttons and 20 stickers that are anti-BSL and anti-Bill 132.

greaterdane
May 26th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Could you tell me a little about woofstock, I have heard it mentioned but feel out of the loop because i know nothing about it.

raingirl
May 26th, 2005, 01:22 PM
http://www.woofstock.ca/

it's at the distilary district in Toronto in 2 weeks. It will have contests and stores and venders and all kinds of fun stuff.

greaterdane
May 26th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Thanks raingirl, I will be there for sure. I just love events like this!

raingirl
May 26th, 2005, 01:33 PM
are you going to bring all your dogs?? (don't you have at least 3??)

OPPS! I just noticed the title says "Woodstock" when it should say "Woofstock". Can a mod change that?

Akeeter
May 26th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Rescue Me & Woofstock.

greaterdane
May 27th, 2005, 10:04 AM
raingirl: lol thats why I asked where woofstock was because woodstock is an actual city.

As for my gang, I have 4 but will not bring the chis because they are not good at all in crowds and not good with children, so they will stay with my sister. Other then that we'll be dressed to impress lol the dogs that is :)

raingirl
May 27th, 2005, 10:54 AM
What day are you going? We are going the saturday in the morning I beleive. Plan to be there when it opens before it gets too busy. I don't want my baby overheating!

pitbulliest
May 27th, 2005, 01:44 PM
I'll be a vendor at woofstock this year... Friday, Saturday and Sunday I'll be there with my pet portraits....and yes, proceeds will go to bannedaid :D

Come visit me guys!
http://www.woofstock.ca
http://www.pitterpaws.ca <--- my portraits

hehe :) *blushes*

I urge everyone to come..its a really fun event and they have some rescue groups down there too...

Copper'sMom
May 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
I had planned on going when I found out about it at the pet show in Toronto. But now, I have to work on the weekend :( . I was going to ask for a day off to go, but my Mom's 50th birthday party is on that Saturday and I can't miss that(I'm the one planning it, it's a surprise!!) so I can't have both days off! :( Next year, I hope!!

YAY!!! pitbulliest!!!!! I hope your sales are HUGE!!!

SnowDancer
May 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
pitbulliest - I really wanted to go and take my Eskimo but I have to go to the dermatologist - don't turn down a Sat. appointment when you have a dog with separation anxiety! The groomer I take my dog to for weekly socialization and 3 month trims will have a booth - Tails Up. She also sells my guy his many, many leashes. Actually my dog should have a booth - Elmo tested, Elmo approved, It survived Elmo's teeth and jaws. After all he is a "big" dog - weighs 21 lbs. - I am sure all of it in his teeth. If I don't look too horrible on Sunday I will try to go, but with rosacea boy will I look scary. Hope you do well at the show.

SnowDancer
May 27th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Also, note to CoppersMom - Happy Birthday to your mother. I am feeling old enough today as it is with my 14 month old puppy. So glad to hear that your mom is 5 years YOUNGER than I am. Hope you have a nice party.

babyrocky1
May 27th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Good luck Pittbulliest, I know you wont need it cause you have Talent! :thumbs up

twodogsandacat
May 27th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Hoping to go but don't know if it is 4th or the 5th. I'm on call but my partner has agreed to take the pager whatever day I go.

greaterdane
May 27th, 2005, 07:02 PM
raingirl, we are going saturday as well. My friend wants to enter her dane in the k9 contest so she wants to be there as soon as it opens :)

mrmilo
May 27th, 2005, 08:03 PM
I will be at both. Just a note about Woofstock on Sunday June 5th, I've heard they are closing both the DVP and Gardiner on Sunday so traffic will not be fun if you would normally use either. :yuck:

Oh and if you see Milo and I in the trick contest, give us a cheer!!

Spurby
May 28th, 2005, 08:39 PM
The rescue i am with will be there, Bullies In Need http://bulliesinneed.fivepixelmedia.com/index.htm, with some of our available pit bull dogs for adoption :) We will also have many things for sale there, cool t-shirts, doggy cookies etc as well as an awesome gift basket for raffle..ALL proceeds will go towards our rescue efforts, which as many of you know, is quite costly.

Come by and say hi and meet some of dogs :)

Schwinn
May 28th, 2005, 11:03 PM
I will be at both. Just a note about Woofstock on Sunday June 5th, I've heard they are closing both the DVP and Gardiner on Sunday so traffic will not be fun if you would normally use either. :yuck:

Oh and if you see Milo and I in the trick contest, give us a cheer!!

I believe that is the day of the ride for Becel Ride for Heart. Use Avenue road. Also, I believe they open the DVP in the afternoon (about 2 pm)

Cactus Flower
June 2nd, 2005, 04:24 AM
Gee whiz, it's a bit of a drive for me, so I won't be there.
BUT.....a good friend of mine will definitely be there, looking for all of YOU!
I think you'll be an easy bunch to spot, right?

Kayla and Me
June 2nd, 2005, 07:53 AM
Kayla and Me will definitely be going to Woofstock on Saturday.

Hope to see some of the Pittie Co-op members there. :)

Kayla and Me

babyrocky1
June 2nd, 2005, 10:49 AM
I can't go, Ive got to many commissions due, everybody wants everything done before FATHERSDAY, I just had another call this am for a painting, had to turn it down :eek: I could sure use the money, but its all for fathers day! LIKE they think Im a factory or something! I miss you all though--- have fun, and hopefully well meet up soon after FATHERS DAY grrr!

Copper'sMom
June 3rd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Also, note to CoppersMom - Happy Birthday to your mother. I am feeling old enough today as it is with my 14 month old puppy. So glad to hear that your mom is 5 years YOUNGER than I am. Hope you have a nice party.

Thanks SnowDancer! In 5 years, I'll wish you a Happy 50th LOL!!!! 45 isn't that bad. You're only as old as you feel!! Just ask babyrocky!! :p

babyrocky1
June 3rd, 2005, 12:26 PM
Oh thanks Coppers Mom, I needed that this morning! lol ahh... you yung uns, No respect :evil:

SnowDancer
June 3rd, 2005, 03:31 PM
CoppersMom - Since I will be 55 in August, let's move it back a "bit" more - hos would 37 be? I liked 37 or I seemed to recall I did. Actually 50 wasn't so bad. One day 55 will no doubt sound wonderful.

maddoxies
June 3rd, 2005, 05:42 PM
I am going to try to make Woofstock Sat morning. Look for Valentin in his blue "gym bag" carrier

raingirl
June 3rd, 2005, 07:44 PM
We'll be there tomorrow morning as well. Odin will have his "british flag" hankerchef on.

SnowDancer
June 3rd, 2005, 08:39 PM
goldengirl - I am so sorry I can't go - much more fun than dermatologist. I would have loved to have met Valentin - wouldn't have had any difficulty finding him - Dachshunds always find me. Hope you have a nice time and find some unique things for him.

Luvmypit
June 7th, 2005, 03:49 PM
How did it go people? any Pics? Any progress in BSL. I couldnt go cause I had to baby sit my 2 nephews and wouldnt be able to control the dog and them all at the same time.

raingirl
June 7th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I went. It was hot. Didn't get a chance to take pics as it was too busy. I was trying to keep Odin from nipping at the yappy dogs in his path!

I dropped off some cards at the DLCC booth for my online store. People seemed really keen on hearing what was up with the legislation and to buy things supporting the fight.

Daniac
June 7th, 2005, 05:30 PM
I sooooooo wanted to go this year. But it was WAY too HOT on Sunday when I was planning on going. And with the Gardner / DVP closed I figured traffic would be a nightmare.

I went last year and took Lucas. It was great! And he has such a good time meeting all the people. I really should have entered him in the tallest dog contest, he would have been a shoe in!

Kayla and Me
June 7th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Kayla and I went on both days. It was a great opportunity to socialize her with a lot of dogs. Some interesting new products and good shows. It was definitely a little too hot though, but most of the vendors were there with their cool bowls of water for the dogs.

I didn't really see any problems with dogs snapping at each other, and was quite impressed by the good manners.

Kayla and Me