Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The scaley half of the family

kandy
May 26th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I finally got around to taking a couple of pix of the iguanas.

This one is Spike (original name, I know)

kandy
May 26th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Another of Spike showing how much he likes his human (that's my hand). If he even thinks you are going to pet him, he raises his head and closes his eyes.

kandy
May 26th, 2005, 09:49 AM
And this is Jaws. She doesn't like humans, so this is as close as I am getting!

JDG
May 26th, 2005, 09:53 AM
coooooooooooool!

Does Hazel get along the Iguanas??

Copper'sMom
May 26th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Oh my, you are a brave woman!! I like Iguanas but I don't like touching them. Anything with scales, I don't like to touch!! I have two Oscars, fairly large but I will not touch them without rubber gloves on!! I had a roomate once who had an iguana, I didn't mind it, just wouldn't touch it!

Spike and Jaws look good!

kandy
May 26th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Hazel hasn't really noticed them yet. When they move around, she hears them and looks for where the noise is coming from but no other interest yet. My mom's rotti, Koda, was the only dog that really ever paid attention to the lizards - and she would jump up on the glass of their cage to see in. When Spike used to run loose, Sheena (the coyote) would look for him but since he was always up high, she could never get to him. She would've learned to stay away real quick if she'd ever gotten whacked!

I pet Spike quite often and I help him get skin off his tines when he's shedding, but I never try to touch Jaws. She would whack me before I ever got close! :p The only time she gets within reach is if I am putting their food in the cage - and then she's almost on top of me before I can get my hand back out. I know that she's afraid of me, so I don't try to touch her even if she is close.

Princesss04
May 26th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Man if I had those in my house Meater and Chino would go crazy! The love watching that kind of stuff! They will just sit and watch the fish all the time. :D