Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ShYla!!!!!!!!!!

JessXx
May 26th, 2005, 12:38 AM
:thumbs up
OMG!!! Guess what!!!!!!! :love: :crazy:
Shyla, my american husky dog, who is an escape artist and loves to run away has to stay on a chain.
Today I decided to take a chance (I watched her through the window then I went to the computer and checked her every couple minutes...) SHE STAYED ALL THE TIME SHE WAS OUT!!!!!!! SHE never STAYS!!! :) Im so proud :D !
Now she's chained up for the night to keep her safe and sound (she doesn't like to come in at night...) and Pepper is sleeping in my little sisters room. Pepsi is around somewhere waiting for me to get to bed...
Its been such a great day! WOW! I'm so proud.
I gave her so many hugs kissings & Treats! What a good girl!! :angel:
Anyways, Pepsi and I are going to be going to bed within the next 5 minutes... so good night... ;)

greaterdane
May 26th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Well thats great that she didnt escape, but do you keep her outside in the cold edmonton winters as well?

Princesss04
May 26th, 2005, 10:13 AM
I am glad she did not leave the yard but I am not glad about the fact that you leave her outside all the time! I do not like that at all! :confused:

JessXx
May 26th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Well she's an american husky she likes the out doors, you make it sound like I make her stay out side all the time and I don't. I let her come in when it snows, rains w/e. I love her. I let her come in all the time... but dogs need time outside, well Shyla does. She grew up on a farm with me (and my family) so she likes the outdoors. I just wanted to say that she didn't run away... I don't think the point was that she was outside. She actually was inside for most of the day... and she wanted out. This morning I tried to get her to come in and she wanted to stay outside on the deck, fair enough. I let her come in during the winter if its cold, but she likes to be outside when it snows (it comes from the 'husky' in her.) SHe hates the rain, we bring her in for that. She's not a small dog so its not fair to keep her locked up inside and its not fair to her 'cause she doesn't want to be inside all the time. Pepsi, my cat, is an indoor cat, Shyla, my dog, is an outdoor/indoor dog. Theres nothing wrong with putting Shyla outside for a while. I offer her the chance to come in at night and she usually refuses... so if a dog doesn't want to come in, why force her? She's happy and if she wasn't I'd let her in. Right now she's enjoying the sun under the deck and she's off her chain... I keep her on the chain to be safe at nights... anything could happen... and yes she does sleep inside a lot.
I don't see the problem... could someone tell me please?

Princesss04
May 26th, 2005, 12:54 PM
The way you had it worded in your orginal post, (before you went and changed it) it was she was out all day long and now out for the night. That is what I thought you were saying. I just do not like the idea of a dog out all day and than all night. Not saying you are a bad pet owner just trying to understand. :D

levimh
May 26th, 2005, 01:40 PM
..so if a dog doesn't want to come in, why force her?

I just wanted to comment on the fact that just because she doesn't want to come in, doesn't mean it's okay for her to be outdoors all night. My dog loves to run around on the streets, but that doesn't mean I allow it. It seems dangerous to me, especially at night and tied - they can't run anywhere if a dangerous animal (or human) came by. Just my opinion.

mona_b
May 26th, 2005, 06:59 PM
It seems dangerous to me, especially at night and tied - they can't run anywhere if a dangerous animal (or human) came by. Just my opinion.

I have to totaly agree with this.I cringe evertime I hear someone is chaining their dog out all night.

My sister has 3 Siberian Huskies and a Border Collie.And they live on a farm.My sister would never ever think of chaining her dogs outside.Yes they love to be outdoors,but they are part of the family,and live as a family.Each dog crashes out in the 4 teenagers rooms.

You say your dog is not a small one and it wouldn't be fair to have her locked up inside.Well I have a large GSD,and there are members on here who have Great Danes.Are you saying we are not being fair for having them in the house all night with us?

Sorry,but this just my opinion....... :)