Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Small amounts of pee

raingirl
May 25th, 2005, 01:23 PM
anyone know what small amounts of pee means?

Today when taking Odin for his second walk, he only peed a tiny bit..usually he lifts and at least pees for a good few seconds. Today he only lifted, few squirts, and down. The colour was normal.

He doesn't seem to be in pain or anything, and he continued to lift his left for our short walk (about 10 minutes..it's already really hot out today).

I first thought that maybe he had an accident in the house while I was in the shower that I missed, and therefore already emptied his bladder. When I got home I looked everywhere and couldn't find any accidents.

I also noticed he didn't touch his water at all yet today. that's not unusual though for him, as he often just sleeps all morning, then drinks a lot in the afternoon.

I gave him some water from a water bottle on our walk..he drank a little.

He is sleeping again now as usual.

Should I be concerned? He ate his breakfast late as usual. Everything seems normal...except the amount of pee. Yesterday he probably drank more than normal as we were out on the town (went to the beaches)...

The other day I thought I saw something that *looked* like snot hanging from the tip of his peepee...but it could have just been slobber as he gets it everywhere... I just gave him a belly rub and his peepee looks fine.

Could this be crystals in his urine preventing him from peeing a lot? Wouldn't a UTI mean more peeing and drinking more?

Prin
May 25th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Ummm... Sometimes, while they sleep, doggies get umm... "good" dreams and when they wake up, there's a bit of "juice". When they're neutered, it's just kind of like a pus yellowy substance... If it's an irregularity, then eek, but all the males I have had have it at least once in their lifetime...

I would wait for the next pee and see if it's the same. If it is then I'd run to the vet. :eek:

raingirl
May 25th, 2005, 02:48 PM
EWWW I didn't think about that!

I am going to take him out in an hour or so...and see how he is so I can get to the vet before emergency fee hours!! (as long as he is there before 5 pm, I get a cheaper rate)