-->

skip Guysborough Nova Scotia!

BoxerRescueMTL
May 25th, 2005, 07:40 AM
check this out

http://www.geocities.com/skip_guysborough/

levimh
May 25th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I read this in the newspaper yesterday. It's ridiculous. Here's the newspaper article itself, if anyone's interested: http://www.herald.ns.ca/stories/2005/05/24/fLiving103.raw.html

It has contact info to send letters/complaints to.

bluntman
May 25th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Thats a great artical, my sister works for that paper, I will call her tonite and see if she can let Rick know he has some fans here at pet.ca. To bad politicans only listen to hatefull jurnalists like Bob MacDonald, and not informed, inteligent one's like Rick Conrad, and Alex from City TV.

CyberKitten
May 25th, 2005, 10:41 AM
I posted a thread earlier about Guysborough - there was a story on ATV (local CTV affiliate) about this very family trying to save their dog, made me so angry!! I do think we should all write to Guysborough and tell them they won't be getting tourists! And take route 6 after Amherst to get to Antigonish so you do not have to take the main highway and let all the tourism operators and hotels along that route KNOW that!!

babyrocky1
June 16th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Hi everyone, just up-dating this thread for Lee Ann, Rottndakota, the link in the first post tells the story of Zuess and the DLCCs involvement etc.

Daisy's Owner
June 17th, 2005, 05:55 AM
I'm sorry, I forgot to post this update earlier regarding zeus and his family. I am quite upset with this turn of events. I think that this makes the whole BSL fight look really bad. It adds more fuel to the fire. My boss, a typical uninformed pitbull hater, brought this up to me again yesterday.

The original link is to another story, but here is an updated link

http://www.guysboroughjournal.com/archives/06-2005/06-09-2005-pitbull.htm

Here is the original story.

However, in a twist that so far is unrelated to the charges, Lyndon Craig of Goshen came forward to media this week, claiming Zeus attacked and killed his father's poodle seven years ago in Chisholm's Trailer Court in Antigonish County.

Craig said he was surprised and angry when he read about Zeus in the newspaper. He says Zeus was ordered to be put down when the alleged incident happened.

Craig says his father was visiting his girlfriend at Chisholm's Trailer Court with his poodle. His girlfriend's daughter, who was seven or eight years old at the time, took the poodle outside on a leash, when Zeus allegedly attacked it and broke it's neck.

"When I saw (the stories about Zeus) in the newspaper, I was pretty angry about it - my father was quite angry too," says Craig. "(Marilyn Cameron) is trying to save this dog that was supposed to have been put down years ago."

Marilyn Cameron admitted that an incident with a poodle did happen, but says it was a long time ago and as far as she understood it, Zeus was provoked by the girl.

"I was talking to the guy who lived (there) and the girl was aggravating Zeus and that's why Zeus did it. But that's over eight, nine, 10 years ago."

Mrs. Cameron explained that Zeus was staying with her son Dan in the trailer court where the alleged incident happened. She says there were no witnesses to explain how the poodle's neck got broken, whether it was because of the dog's leash or Zeus.

"It's a big question mark - Dan has always wondered about it, it's always been a big question mark for me, whether he did it," she explained. "If it was proven he did it, he would have been put down."

Craig says the RCMP and dog control officers from Antigonish County were involved in the alleged incident. Mrs. Cameron says no charges were ever laid but the RCMP told her son to get Zeus out of the area and have him put down.

twodogsandacat
June 17th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Mrs. Cameron says no charges were ever laid but the RCMP told her son to get Zeus out of the area and have him put down.

No charges laid and what sounds like a recommendation not an order to me. That's all I'm saying on that.

Schwinn
June 17th, 2005, 08:55 AM
I think anyone who offered that to me as proof of the viciousness, I'd have to ask them if the dog is such a vicious killer, why, in 13 years, has only one dog been killed (and the circumstances are questionable at that). If these dogs are prone to attacks, then there would certainly be a history of problems.

Daisy's Owner
June 20th, 2005, 06:02 AM
I don't think the dog is vicious or has to be PTS, or even removed. I just think that in this day and age of BSL, make sure you don't have any skeletons in the closet before you start a media frenzy, to give the BSLers more fuel to add to the fire.