Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Cat in Pointe-Claire

prinsk
May 24th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Our male cat didn't come home this morning for breakfast nor has he been home since. We're incredibly worried about him as this is very unusual behaviour. He always comes when we call him. We drove around the area and called but he still hasn't shown up. We contact the SPCA in Montreal and left a message. If he's not back tomorrow, we'll be posting signs around the neighborhood. I was hoping someone here may be able to help. He answers to the name Slim and is very friendly. He was last seen Monday evening. Thanks.

Lucky Rescue
May 24th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Don't wait! Every hour that passes lessens the chance of you finding him.

Post signs now, everywhere. Go out very late at night and call him. Go behind houses and look under decks or in sheds.

Did you read the article above that I posted about lost pets in the West Island, and the recommendation that people keep their cats at home?:(
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=9060

Reptile Watch
May 24th, 2005, 07:30 PM
U need to go to the SPCA every day to see if they have your cat. U can't depend on them to call u back. They are just too busy. If your cat is there they will hold it for 3 days before evaluating wether it can go up for adoption.

Good luck! Where are u locate din Pointe-Claire? If its near the DDO border he might show up at my friend's outdoor shelter.

Julie

BMDLuver
May 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Pass by 17175 Claude Street, it's off of Pierrefonds Blvd between St. John's and St. Charles. She's supposed to be closed but is still collecting cats from what I have been recently told. She's selling them to lab for a profit.

Also, did you put a poster up at Yazoo Pet Store on Donegani? They have a lot of traffic in and out.

Lucky Rescue
May 24th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Pass by 17175 Claude Street, it's off of Pierrefonds Blvd between St. John's and St. Charles. She's supposed to be closed but is still collecting cats from what I have been recently told

Did she get tired of adopters coming after her after getting sick animals? Selling to labs now? Lovely. Just goes to show that having a registration number does not mean someone is legit. :mad:

canine14
May 24th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Selling to labs now? Lovely. Just goes to show that having a registration number does not mean someone is legit.

You've got to be kidding me. I always think that the States are so bad and here we are with this happening in MTL. Can't someone help these cats? I know, I know, but I thought I'd ask.

Prin
May 24th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Good luck in your search.. We're pretty far, but we'll keep an eye out.

cpietra16
May 25th, 2005, 07:40 AM
If you don't mind telling me where in Pointe Claire, I can always look around. I walk every day and see many cats walking around the neighbourhood.
I must say that when I hear about selling cats to labs, it's really barbaric.I'm sure it happens everywhere. I moved here from the west coast of Vancouver Island, and my only concern with my five cats at the time were cougars. I never had a problem, even though there was a cougar trail right behind my house. Every five days around supper the cougar would make its round. I made sure my cats were indoors after dark and I must say the cougar would actually ignore my cats if it was not hungry...now thats nature...respect and take only what you need. Too bad humans are still ignorant and selfish when it comes to rules of nature. We are really priceless, quite pathetic. i never thought I would come to a big city and have to force my cats to stay indoors, and worry about other humans instead of cougars killing my cats. Anywhay please let me know if you are around my neighbourhood. If you don't want to put it on this board you can email me. good luck

prinsk
May 25th, 2005, 08:53 AM
We live near the Lakeshore General Hospital on Sedgefield. He always come home after being out all night and we really thought he would be back by now. With all the rain this past weekend, we figured he was really happy to be out and about but I'm shocked he's not back. He doesn't like not being able to go out so if someone let him in, they'd be hearing about it right now.

This is horrible to think but does anyone know what the city does if they find a dead cat in the street? I just want to know what happened to him. Thanks for all your suggestions.

cpietra16
May 25th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I haven't lived here long enough but you can always call the city of Pointe Claire and ask them if they removed any cats off the road. I know that when there is a dead animal on the street I usually call and they have always picked up, but I'm not sure in Pointe Claire. It won't hurt to call and ask. The other thing to keep in mind is that if your cat is hurt he will be in hiding until he can get himself home. One of my cats was gone for four days and when she came back, she had a sprained leg and punctured stomach. She survived, but was gone for 4 days until she could walk home. Don't give up. Get the word out. Good luck. I will look around when I go on my walk. By the way, Calling out for your cat will sometimes make them respond, even when they are in hiding. She may be closer than you think.

prinsk
May 25th, 2005, 10:48 AM
We went all around the neighborhood last evening calling him but nothing. I just can't seem to stop thinking about it and worrying and crying too, which sucks when you're at work. :sad:

He was a stray that we adopted several years ago and loves to roam. Our other two cats are much older and only go as far as the deck in the backyard. I've always worried about him at night but he always comes back. Sometimes he would even go under one of our open windows and just cry until someone came downstairs and let him in. Thanks again.

Reptile Watch
May 25th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Ill be at the spca tomorrow, ill take a look in the strays and adoptions for your beloved cat.

Julie

prinsk
May 25th, 2005, 11:23 AM
Thank you so much. That means so much.

levimh
May 25th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Here's a fact sheet, with steps to help you locate your missing feline. :)

http://www.helpinganimals.com/pdfs/theft/eightsteps.pdf

Hope you find him.

Reptile Watch
May 26th, 2005, 02:27 PM
I just got back from the SPCA. Didn't see him but I left a picture of him right beside the stray room.

Julie

prinsk
May 26th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Thank you so much for doing that. I really appreciate it. I've got my fingers crossed!

NutmegHF
June 2nd, 2005, 04:12 PM
I'm in Pointe Claire.. I'll keep my eyes open..

Nutmeg

cpietra16
February 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
This may be worthless since the person has not come back...but please go down to the pointe claire mall...there is a picture of a cat that was lost a few years because the woman has been feeding it for a few years. The pictures looks very very much like your cat...I hope you keep looking in on the board