Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sick and tired of Rain!!!

twinmommy
May 23rd, 2005, 09:48 PM
UGH!!

ok., so we've rainy-day cooked, cleaned, baked,read books, played, done crafts,watched movies, did a dollar store run (twice :D ) and I can honestly say the BLOODY SUN CAN COME OUT NOW !!! ANYTIME WOULD BE GREEAAAT!!!

(just a leeetle bit tired of the wet stuff. :D )

You?

Sneaky2006
May 23rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
Yes I am too! It's supposed to rain here till next Tuesday (even on our picnic day :() But then I think about all the places who desperately need rain and I feel guilty... :o

JDG
May 23rd, 2005, 10:06 PM
My husband and I braved the rainy weather in Montreal to go downtown for some errands. . .wouldn't have been that bad - wouldn't have complained, but I broke my FAVOURITE umbrella! It was one of those micro mini umbrella's that fold up tiny and fit into almost any handbag. . .

Needless to say I'm heartbroken, and If it had been a tad nicer, I wouldn't have got good 'ol bluey out in the first place. . . . :(

Does anyone know a good 'un rain dance'???

Prin
May 23rd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Heh heh... Sorry to laugh, but we were laughing at the people with their umbrellas today... It was SOOOo windy. I love it when they turn inside out and the people chase it with both hands, but as it is held by one hand it goes father away everytime they reach... So funny.

Ya, it was a cruddy long weekend here. Rain rain rain. I think we sould vote to have the weekend moved from Saturday and Sunday to Tuesday and Wednesday. They're always sunniest.

Cactus Flower
May 23rd, 2005, 11:26 PM
What is this thing you call rain?.......

Safyre
May 23rd, 2005, 11:34 PM
*stands proudly* I ADORE RAIN! *waits to get beaten*

I love rain.. I sleep better when it is raining ... its smells soo great ... you can run in puddles and watch the clouds .... i love rain. i love all the seasons ..

Daisy's Owner
May 24th, 2005, 05:54 AM
I think this weekend was the fifth in a row without sun. I think this is the third whole week without a fully sunny day. We have had sunny breaks but I don't think we have had a full day of sun in weeks.

I really am sick of it.

BMDLuver
May 24th, 2005, 06:05 AM
lol, I work out in the rain! Doesn't bother me and I must say my garden and lawn are looking spectacular from all of it.

Of course, getting the kids out in the sun would definitely help their cabin fever moods!

Think it's only one more week of this here then we should get a really warm week! Hang in there!

raingirl
May 24th, 2005, 07:28 AM
that's weird. It hasn't been raining in toronto. We had a nice weekend mixed sun and cloud. It only rained last night.

chico2
May 24th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Yeah,I saw on the news yesterday,Quebec has had rainy stormy days and Nova Scotia,even out West where my son is...here it's been beautiful,been planting all weekend,today we are getting some much needed rain,hopefully only for one day :D

JDG
May 24th, 2005, 08:13 AM
... its smells soo great .....

Really?? Surely you don't mean the worms!! :yuck: :yuck: hahah :D :D

I love to watch spectacular thunderstorms!!!

In England it just rains (spits and showers) non-stop for like 5 days straight. . .hahah

In Canada, we gets these amazing thunderstorms that arrive, do their business and shimmy on by!

BMDLuver
May 24th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I love to watch spectacular thunderstorms!!!

In Canada, we gets these amazing thunderstorms that arrive, do their business and shimmy on by!
Alberta and Niagara region of Ontario have some of the best thunder and lightning shows I have ever seen without any rain. The first time we experienced one in Niagara, we thought something had exploded in the middle of the night. Spectacular.

Eleni
May 24th, 2005, 09:00 AM
it was a great weekend in st catharines.

nice and warm and sunny, spent most of it outside with the kids and dog

Eleni

levimh
May 24th, 2005, 09:08 AM
I swear all the trees around here are saying, "We have enough water, we need some damn sun!" The leaves have been partly out for about a week now. They'd be out by now if there was some sun. We need sun! :crazy:

Princesss04
May 24th, 2005, 09:31 AM
We have not had any rain here. I think it might ran on Thursday maybe! LOL I had to go out and water flowers last night! :D

heidiho
May 24th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Come on over to ARIZONA IT WAS 109 YESTERDAY AND GONNA BE 104 TODAY,NOT A CLOUD IN SIGHT.... :crazy:

kandy
May 24th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I used to like rain until two summers ago when lightning hit a tree in front of my house. The tree literally exploded and sent giant pieces of wood through my windows. It also ripped the water line for the sprinkler system off the front of my house, broke a planter that was hanging on the side of the house furthest away from the tree and even shoved a piece of wood under the fence between my house and the guy next door. Now rain makes me nervous because I keep waiting for the lightning!

We've been having a really bad drought here (Wyoming) and I know that we really need the rain - but when it rains alot this time of year all the grass by the roads grows alot and then dries out because we get so little rain in the summer - then we have wild fires all over the place! We've had quite a bit of rain (and snow) since the beginning of April. The sun finally came out last week and for the past couple of days we've had sunny, 80 degree weather.

twinmommy
May 24th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I used to like rain until two summers ago when lightning hit a tree in front of my house. The tree literally exploded and sent giant pieces of wood through my windows. It also ripped the water line for the sprinkler system off the front of my house, broke a planter that was hanging on the side of the house furthest away from the tree and even shoved a piece of wood under the fence between my house and the guy next door.

OMIGOD!!! Holy-freaked-out-rainstorm, Batman~!! :eek:

guess you must feel safer in the drought conditions Kandy!!
Well, we've got a cloudy day today, but at least it's not raining!

Beaglemom
May 24th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I used to like rain until two summers ago when lightning hit a tree in front of my house.

We had this happen at our cottage right in front of the house as well. It split the tree in half! Thank goodness noone was outside at the time and nobody got hurt. Ever since that time I have a new respect for thunderstorms and lightning! They can be quite frightening at the cottage. It is a small house and I swear you can feel it shake. We've had some nasty thunderstorms that took out trees and blocked all our roads and left us with no electricity for days!

I don't mind rain occasionally because the plants do need it. When it rains it means that I don't have to water the lawn or the flowers!

I wish that it would only rain during the weeknights and the weekdays and weekends would be sunny and warm. This way we could all enjoy the great weather.