Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

fireworks

raingirl
May 23rd, 2005, 09:21 PM
If anyone ever wondered...fireworks go about as high as the 10th floor. Some stupid kids are running them off in the park at the back of our building, and one just went off right in front of my window. It freaked both me and Odin out!!

Sneaky2006
May 23rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
Fireworks scare the crap outta me too! People are too irresponsible with them nowadays, way too close to people, cars, buildings and such. I love to watch them from afar but that's the only way I like em!

JDG
May 23rd, 2005, 10:41 PM
When we lived in England, we lived in a primarily Muslim neighbourhood, and during the summer when they celebrated these very beautiful, vibrant weddings they would let off fireworks. . .

From about june to september it seemed like almost every night there was some firework show in our yard. . . .

And now Colin and I went and moved ourselves to Downtown Montreal where there is a fireworks competition for 2 months of the summer - go figure.

I've invested in a fancy pair of earplugs! (these also work to drown out a snoring husband and/or kitten Marty) :love:

Prin
May 24th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Ooooh I go to the fireworks competition every year. We watch from Jacques Cartier bridge. They are HUGE. I love it. A little different than a bunch of punks setting of crappy fireworks in a park though...

Cactus Flower
May 24th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Hope nobody's critter eats the spent ones that are left on the ground. They can make a cat/dog sick (not to mention wild birds) :( .

Safyre
May 24th, 2005, 12:31 AM
I unfortunately had to call the police/fire dept for kids in the park across the street from my house last night.
There is a HUGE open area, mutiple soccer fields, and the kids decided to set them off in the picnic area, TOWARDS the trees. :(

raingirl
May 24th, 2005, 08:31 AM
i actually love fireworks, just not in my window. It was raining out, so the kids were hiding under the underhang at ground level below our window, and setting them off only 3 feet away from the building!!

We live beside a park as well, and you could see kids shooting them at each other!!! the police eventually showed up and stopped it.

JDG
May 24th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Raingirl, do you know what kids it was that were doing it??

There must be a by-law or something about how close to an inhabitated building you can set them off. . .

. . . go on, get the kids in trouble! :evil: :evil: hahahaha

Princesss04
May 24th, 2005, 10:33 AM
I like firewroks but only if they are done right. I do not like them when kids mess with them. We had some trouble with some of the kids in the neighborhood feeding them to animals (no more details) but it was bad so I am not exicited to see them back out in the stores this year.