Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Are moles/warts only on certain dog breeds?

levimh
May 23rd, 2005, 03:22 PM
That subject title is basically my question. Do moles/warts (not sure which one it is that i'm referring to) only appear on certain dog breeds? I'm just asking because I've only seen them on GSD's/GSD x's and I was hoping they would help me in figuring out what Levi is a mix of (he has three of them). I figure they can appear on all dogs, but am hoping only certain breeds.

goldenblaze
May 23rd, 2005, 04:40 PM
I believe this can happen to any bred and mostly comes from age.

Jackie467
May 23rd, 2005, 04:47 PM
This can happen to any breed. But is very common in some. for instance doberman pinchers and rottwilers. We had dobermans for years and every dobie we had got at least one, sometimes they would become so large they would have to be removed. So unfortunetly this doesn't indicate any spesific breed.

doggy lover
May 23rd, 2005, 06:47 PM
My GSD X Bernese got a mole when he was about 5 I had it removed when he had surgery for bloat as I was always catching it with the brush, but I would have left it if he wasn't having the surgery already. I also had some fatty tumors removed too. Talk about killing three birds with one stone.

raingirl
May 23rd, 2005, 07:27 PM
My bulldog has a few. HOwever, EVERY lab or lab cross or retreiver I have seen always have a ton!

levimh
May 23rd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Okay, thanks guys (gals). I figured they would probably be in any dog..I was just hoping. Levi has one on each "cheek" and one under his snout. They all have cute little whiskers sprouting from them.

greaterdane
May 23rd, 2005, 09:54 PM
My ozzy has the standard GSD moles but another breed that has that marking is the doberman, min pin, some of the pointers have them and even danes. The list is quite long, but they are more seen in the GSDs then anything else.

kandy
May 24th, 2005, 12:45 PM
My mom's rotti got fatty moles and polyps all the time. Sometimes they would grow and would require surgery, other ones they just left alone if they weren't bothering her. I've seen them on my friends dalmation/rotti x but I don't remember our GSD's having any.

Copper'sMom
May 24th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Okay, thanks guys (gals). I figured they would probably be in any dog..I was just hoping. Levi has one on each "cheek" and one under his snout. They all have cute little whiskers sprouting from them.

My dogs have these too in the same areas you mentioned except an xtra one around each cheek. The first ones are on the cheek, the second ones are below the first ones near the end of their mouths(imagine if they were smiling, at the end of their smile) and one underneath their snout(chin)! And they all have cute little whiskers coming out of them too!