Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Finally some progress!

kandy
May 23rd, 2005, 12:35 PM
Well, I don't know if it was because I called his mom, or if I threatened to move out, but my husband worked his butt off on our living room this weekend! Yipee! He even devised a way to cover up the heater without causing a fire hazard! In the last week he has arranged for the new siding and gotten the living room about 70% done! It still needs drywall on the ceiling, and a couple of odd pieces higher up on two walls (I can't lift it, so I couldn't help him with that) - then we'll have to have it taped and mudded, painted and new carpet - but he did more work on it this weekend than he has done in the last 6 months! I was mad enough that I had started looking for someplace to move - not that I wanted to - but I was definitely prepared to! He also agreed to buy a new furnace. We will have to buy the furnace because his mom can't afford the furnace and the siding both. I told him I didn't care if we had to go into debt to get a furnace - I wasn't going to have to worry about this one causing another fire ever again! I feel so much better!

Prin
May 23rd, 2005, 02:07 PM
Well, I don't know if it was because I called his mom LOL That trick always works!! They don't have to impress us long, but the bending over backwards for the mom lasts a lifetime.. :)

Have you done the drywall yet? For drywalling a ceiling, you can screw a 2x4 about a 1/2 inch from the ceiling horizontally and then slide the drywall on top of it--the wood will support it while your man is drilling.

Nothing feels good like knowing you're not living in a super fire hazard!! (We're moving away from our uninsurable apt over a restaurant without fireproof floors...)

Princesss04
May 23rd, 2005, 02:37 PM
I know how you feel we are in the middle of majoring work! They started drywalling the kitchen and started sanding it yesterday and will finish today and tommorow and it is a mess. Everything in the house is dusty! I mean DUSTY! :D Oh well it is getting done. I will be so happy to have all my cabinets and counter tops back! :D