Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I am so sick of this crap!

lilith_rizel
May 23rd, 2005, 09:50 AM
James just called and said that they may be sending him back here because he is overweight!!! James is 5 foot 7 and 165 pound. Well what they taped him at here anyways. Down in Arizona, he is only 5 foot 6 and weighs 170. So they may send him back because he is 5 pounds overweight! I think it is all a bunch of crap. I am getting so sick of them saying one thing and doing another. I guess it is bitter-sweet news. It will be nice to have him here for a bit, being Judith still has follow-up appointments, but he will still have to leave again, if this does happen, and hopefully it won't happen when I am close to having the baby.

He wouldn't be in this mess if they would have let him re-class when he wanted to. When he did go in to reclass they told him he couldn't, and a week or so later, they told him he had to. And when he asked to reclass into what he wanted to, they said he had missed the deadline by a week, so they chose what to reclass him into. The guy the week of the deadline said he couldn't reclass! I am just sick of it.

Sorry it is so long, I just needed to vent a little.

Prin
May 23rd, 2005, 02:11 PM
LOL (sorry I know it's not funny-- but the weight thing is funny- he takes a trip and on the way gains 5 lbs and loses an inch :D )

I'm glad that at least you have him for a bit now... I hope it all works out- the timing and the baby. :)

lilith_rizel
May 23rd, 2005, 04:18 PM
He still isn't sure if they are sending him home, yet. He has to get measured again. For some reason, they think he will weigh less today than he did last night at 10..... :rolleyes: I am actually hoping they will send hom home. Because I know that this pregnacy is going to be considered as a high risk, just because of Judith, the fact I had pre-eclamsia (sp?) and I had a low lined placenta last time..... and if that is the case, I think they will have to hold off sending him out, until next year, and by that time, they may just give up on it.....

lilith_rizel
May 23rd, 2005, 08:36 PM
Well DH just called, and they are keeping him there. We weren't even able to talk for 5 minutes! They have him doing all this stuff, even after work hours are over. He did say that he is calling again later tonight, when he has more time,but lastnight that wasn't so long either. Since he has left yesterday morning, I have talked to him a total of 15 minutes! I am so lonely here, by myself. I have been crying all day. It just isn't fair! I shouldn't have to be away from my husband so long, especially when he is still in the states. You would think that they would let me come there as well.....

Schwinn
May 23rd, 2005, 09:58 PM
It sounds like they are using the stupid standard chart thing. I don't think they'd be impressed with my 5'7" (and 3/4 of an inch, thank you very much!) and 225 lbs. (I'm a 6'2" man trapped in a 5'8" body!) I've had this argument with my doctor. I usually counter with the fact that I ride a few hundred kms each summer, and do a 24 hour race as well. It's unfortunate that James is being forced to meet the out-dated standard. But remember, it is bitter sweet. Either he meets the standard, or you get him home with you. Focus on the positive of it, and stay strong!

twinmommy
May 23rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
aww, poor you Lileth. Sounds like a bureaucratic nightmare. We're here for ya sweetie!! :thumbs up

lilith_rizel
May 24th, 2005, 08:44 AM
I just don't know how I am going to manage being by myself for 4 months....

raingirl
May 24th, 2005, 08:50 AM
that really sucks that you aren't allowed to socialize wit people of a higher rank either! So many rules.

I personally love being alone. If I spend too much time with people, I just eventually want to crawl into a hole somewhere...

lilith_rizel
May 24th, 2005, 09:00 AM
I grew up in a large family, so I am not accustomed to living in a house with just Judith and I. IT has only been a couple of days, and I am already going nuts. I can't even go for walksm because it has been raining the entire time!

twinmommy
May 24th, 2005, 01:44 PM
I have found that when I have a long endeavor such as this, tht the beginning is always the part that drives you nuts, and you wonder what the heck you are going to do for the entire time, but don't worry. You are a strong person and I'll bet you'll adapt quicker than you think. Is anyone able to visit you, if you can't get out that much? What about taking an online course?

lilith_rizel
May 24th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I have been searching online for stay at home mom groups in my area, and I have had not luck. There has to be something on post to do.

Princesss04
May 24th, 2005, 02:27 PM
I am so sorry that you are bored and alone. I have often wondered (nothing against you) but what do couples think is going to happen when you join the forces? I mean it is not a surprise if Justin joined I would know that is a GOOD possibility. I know that does not make it any easier that is why I stress to people to really think it over. I have a friend that joined because of the money and the free schooling. He had a new wife and a baby on the way and he was shocked that he had to go away for so long and she was to I mean come on you joined the services do not wait for marriage, husbands, wifes, or new babies, that is what happens when you join. I am sure you already knew all that but I know there are so many people that do not think it through, like my friend and now you have to pay the price no since complaining. I know it is hard hang in there you can do it. I would be in the same place as you I would miss Justin like crazy! :D

Princesss04
May 24th, 2005, 02:29 PM
What about this?

Fort Meade, Maryland

Romp n - Stomp Playgroup
Date(s): Tuesdays & Thursdays
Time: 9:3011:00 a.m.
Date(s): Tuesdays only beginning July 6, 2004
Instructor: Ms. Sherri Collins
For information, call (301) 677-5590.
This program offers parents and children, up to age 5, a variety of toys, equipment, books, learning activities and arts & crafts projects to help children develop their fine and gross motors skills and social skills.

Princesss04
May 24th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Here is some more stuff there on the base I think! I am not all the way sure where to look!

Enlisted Spouses Club

The purpose of the Enlisted Spouses Club is to provide, promote; and facilitate activities of social and recreational interest to its members; foster and preserve the ideals of good fellowship; and collect and disseminate information of interest and value to its members.

Wives of active duty or retired enlisted personnel in grades E-1 through E-9, all branches of service, are eligible to join the Fort Meade Enlisted Spouses Club.

Meetings are held the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Enlisted Spouses clubhouse located at 3182 MacArthur Road.

All meetings, parties and group activities are published in the SOUNDOFF! and on Meade TV. Members are kept informed by monthly newsletters from the corresponding secretary. Group activities include sightseeing tours and a variety of classes.

The Enlisted Spouses Club offers college scholarships annually to children of active duty or retired personnel E-1 through E-9 whose family resides in the Fort Meade area.

Activities that are supported by the Enlisted Spouses Club include the Post Day Care Center, Red Cross, Thrift Shop, and Army Community Service.

Each year the club holds an installation and Christmas dinner-dance. Potluck dinners, teas, and coffees also provide opportunities for social relaxation.

A free nursery service is provided to all members who attend daytime functions and for those who volunteer to work in the Post Thrift Shop.

For more information, call 410-674-2317.

Garden Club

The objective of the Garden Club is to promote and encourage post beautification. Membership is open to all active duty, retired, civilian personnel and families in the Fort Meade community, regardless of their service affiliation.

Meetings are normally held on the third Friday of each month at the Post Chapel on Llewellyn Avenue from October to April. A well-known horticulturist conducts lectures or workshops, and tours are also scheduled throughout the year. An opening membership tea is held in September and an installation luncheon in May.

A social period with refreshments follows the meetings.

Officers' Wives' Club

The purpose of the Officers' Wives' Club is to foster and preserve the ideals of good fellowship; organize, develop and sponsor educational, charitable and recreational activities; and collect and disseminate information of interest and value to its members.

The membership consists of the adult members for the families of all officers (active or retired), all civilians who are eligible to be members of the Fort Meade Officers' Open Mess and to all female officers, active or retired.

Club luncheons are held on the second Wednesday of each month. Dates of the luncheon, parties and group activities are published in the weekly post newspaper, SOUNDOFF!, OWC newsletter "Chit-chat," and other local publications.

Group activities include sightseeing, lectures, classes and other activities in which there is sufficient interest.

The Officers' Wives' Club offers scholarships on an annual basis to high school seniors and contributes to community projects such as scout programs, Post Nursery, Army Community Service and local schools.

lilith_rizel
May 24th, 2005, 03:22 PM
James had signed his contract 2 months before we started dating. He now wishes that he would have wited to decide on that until after he graduated highschool. If that would have happened he would still be working for the coke company, brining in 2 times as much money as he is now.....

I was thinking about joining the enlisted wives club, but I don't know what to do with Judith, perhaps Jen would be willing to wach her, after she has recovered from having her baby.

I am thinking about joining the romp around play group though... it isn't that far from my house, and on rainiy days, I am sure I could find someone to take me there, or possibly drive, if I feel ike taking the chances, it is only 3 or 4 blocks away.....

lilith_rizel
May 24th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Princess,

How do you find that stuff? I use google as my search engine, and nothing comes up like that. I am hoping that I can find some sort of thing to attend atleast 3 days a week. The other days, I can go spend some time at Jen's house.

I was thinking about asking James if he knew of any females that live in the Barracks, that he could talk to and see if they wanted to stay here while he was gone, Judith can always move into my room, and I can put up the queen beed, and air mattress.... It wouldn't cost them rent or anything, they would just have to help with food, and picking-up. Anyone have any opinions on that? Or if I could just think of a female friend of mine, from my hometown that would like to visit all summer.... I wish now that I didn't hang out with the guys all the time, back then....

Princesss04
May 24th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I am sure you would meet someone in the club that could pick you up and give you a ride. :D

Princesss04
May 24th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I do all my looking in www.google.com or www.askjeeves.com anyway I typed in things to do in Fort Meade, MA. :D

lilith_rizel
May 24th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I know, I just hope that there are lots of people there my age. I rarely see any wives that aren't atleast 10 years older than me.... It would just be so much easier to connect if they were around the same age...

Princesss04
May 24th, 2005, 03:44 PM
I know, I just hope that there are lots of people there my age. I rarely see any wives that aren't atleast 10 years older than me.... It would just be so much easier to connect if they were around the same age...

I know what you mean I have no one here that is my age that I really get along with. I have a good friend but she is older than me and has two kids. We get along great but it is not the same. Justin works alot so I do not get to see him and my SIL and I do not get along,(well we are so different lets put it that way) and I love my MIL but she is busy with my SIL and her kids so I do not get to see her alot, I do not want them to feel like I am a bother so I know where you are coming from. Nothing else that would get you out of the house for a little while and give you a break from Judith. :D I wish we were closer I would vist you and take you out. :D I am sorry I know it is hard. Do you go to church anywhere sometime that is a good place to find a support group. :D

Princesss04
May 24th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Hey Lilith do you have a IM address or yahoo or something if so if you wanna chat we can just PM me with it. I will add you from there. :D