Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Furry Family!

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 12:02 PM
Can you imagine that the in-laws want me to rehome all of these critters before the baby is born?? No way Jose!! :D

Here's Red, the queen of the house.

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 12:05 PM
Here's Kia, the princess.

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 12:06 PM
Here's Helix, hubby's shadow:

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 12:10 PM
Here are Jacob and Elliot, first playing together as kittens in the dog's bed:

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 12:12 PM
Now here they are asleep as adults in that same bed:

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 12:14 PM
Here's Nova, our princess kitty:

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 12:15 PM
Now, here's Onyx, our dwarf lop bunny. His pics never turn out right as he's all black.

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 12:17 PM
Here's Kiwi, our mini rex. She's fiesty!

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 12:19 PM
That's it for now! I can't get clear pics of my 2 toads, but they're here too! My digicam is out of batteries right now, or I'd take some more clearer pics, especially of Kia. Here's one of Kia resting on Red! It's super cute! :)

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 12:20 PM
Okay, that's it, I swear! :D

Prin
May 21st, 2005, 12:32 PM
What a furry family fulla cuties!!! I love the one of Kia using Red's belly as a pillow. :)

Cactus Flower
May 21st, 2005, 12:37 PM
E I E I O :D !

That's one great looking family!
I have to tell you, whether it's just the way the picture turned out or not- Helix looks like a real character- adorable! I actually giggled when I saw his picture- he looks like a little boy that's just completed a really fantastic prank.

Heelers are SO SMART, they've always amazed me. It's no wonder they have such personalities.

Red has that sensitive look that my beagle always wore, like I was always one step away from hurting her feelings. Is she very emotional? Those eyes- that look- would have me spoiling her rotten.

And Kia! What breed is Kia? (I have a guess but don't want to wager it). Princess, indeed! She LOOKS like a princess, very regal, elegant.

Your kitties look like they are the best of friends. The adult pic of them sleeping together is just heartwarming.

Lovely bunnies!

Cactus Flower
May 21st, 2005, 12:40 PM
Oh Nova, how did I miss you? You're beautiful, too!

Shamrock
May 21st, 2005, 02:22 PM
Wow. what a wonderful family of furries you have!! They are lovely! :thumbs up

kandy
May 21st, 2005, 02:42 PM
Great photos - cute family! For the black bunny - I have found that good lighting and a white or really light background work best for black animals. With all black newfs, you have to get the right lighting & background or you can't see the face or eyes.

chico2
May 21st, 2005, 04:16 PM
Heelers,I think it's the first time we see them all,great family and your baby will love them all!!
As for Nova,did you not look for a new home for her??
I would get rid of my in-laws before I part with those animals,but I suppose they don't know any better and are thinking of the baby,you need to educate them on the positive side of having children growing up with animals..

heeler's rock!
May 21st, 2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks everyone! I love my babies too. :D Cactus, Kia is a border collie and yes, she is very much a princess! As for Red, yes, she is pretty sensitive. The one thing I love about them the most is their eyes. They are so expressive! It's cute cuz she's very attached to me, and in the mornings when I leave for work, she hides between the couches, and pouts! It's really adorable! :) Ahhh, Helix. He's a trouble maker! He has a very unique personality and his face always looks like he's just done something wrong! :)

Chico, yes, we are still trying to find Nova a home, but it's proving to be a bit more difficult than we thought. I have to admit, we're not trying all that hard, but I know we have to. I've gotten the word out as best i can, and I just hope the home we find for her loves her as much as we do! :o

Princesss04
May 21st, 2005, 09:00 PM
WOW what a group! We should start singing Heelers Rock had a farm right in her house. LOL Very nice group of pictures! I love the one of the cats in the bed! :D

doggy lover
May 23rd, 2005, 07:55 PM
And I thought I was running a zoo. What a large lovely family you have.