Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

little update from ghullum

Ghullums_mom
May 21st, 2005, 02:34 AM
i figured you guys might like to see the mommy and kitty i kept.

i am alittle concerned though. the kitten is still feeding, although ghullum doesnt produce milk. and im wondering why she chews his whiskers off...he looks soo goofy with these uneven whiskers
:crazy:
http://images.buzznet.com/assets/users8/Epiphany/default/gallery-msg-1116656903-2.jpg
http://images.buzznet.com/assets/users8/Epiphany/default/gallery-msg-1116656925-2.jpg :crazy:

chico2
May 21st, 2005, 08:46 AM
Ghullums mum,nice to hear from you again,the kitties are beautiful...I've never heard of a cat chewing off his whiskers,maybe someone else has.

Prin
May 21st, 2005, 12:52 PM
Very nice pics! They look like happy kitties. :)

CyberKitten
May 21st, 2005, 12:55 PM
They are indeed cute!! I've heard of kittens who lost whiskers in accidents but never chewed off by their moms. That is unusual I think. Then again, we once had a mama cat (a former barn cat we took in) who dragged her little black kitten around the house so much that he ended up with a bobtail. Not a manx exactly and he had no probs with his vetebrae like some manx but just a tiny puff for a tail. For some reason, instead of taking him from place to place by the scruff, she used his tail. I've never seen or heard of that since either so maybe your Ghullum has an unusal characteristic too?

Ghullums_mom
May 21st, 2005, 08:26 PM
yea its wierd. when she bathes him, which she does about every 30 freakin seconds. she gets to his face and chews off all his whiskers. it makes me mad cause he would be so much more handsome if he had all his whiskers, and for the life of me i cant get him to get off the tit. i know thats not the right termanology for animal nipples, but i cant spell it. its like teet or tete or something like that

kate_katlover
May 21st, 2005, 08:56 PM
Whiskers are very important on a cats face! With uneven whisker's at night it is harder to get around. Maybe they will grow back :p

Ghullums_mom
May 21st, 2005, 09:33 PM
thats what i thought, but shes been chewing them off since he was born. she keeps them short

Dahlia
May 21st, 2005, 10:51 PM
I think you have an obsessive compulsive momma cat, lol. She probably doesn't realize SHE has whiskers and she's so intent on keeping his little face clean that she removes EVERYTHING! That's funny. Don't know if you have kids but I do and I have scrubbed at little scabs or moles sometimes thinking they were dirt :rolleyes: Have you asked the vet? They are very cute kitties :king: :queen:

happycats
May 22nd, 2005, 09:10 AM
2 of my cats are brothers, Boowee and jay, and for years Jay chewed Boowee's whiskers off (they always clean eachother) I thought it was because Jay was jealous of Boowee (Boowee is short for Beautiful, beeweeful) as Boowee is a long haired beauty, SO everyone (visitors )tend to gravitate towards him instead of his brother (he is short haired all black) .
So I guess Jay feels by chewing his brothers whiskers off, he's not as beautiful, and people won't fawn over him as much :evil: