Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My house doesn't stink anymore!!

Dahlia
May 20th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Today I went to Wal Mart and bought a half gallon of Out. I came home and went over my carpet twice with just cold water in the steam cleaner. Then I put 2 cups of out in with about a gallon of water and went over it two more times. The last time around I could smell just the cleaner and not the pee so I think it worked. And I was out all evening and when I came back I didn' t smell pee when I walked in the house. I didn't smell the Out either so I don't think it's just masking the odor.

But I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't even urine I was smelling in the first place but a combination of all the different chemicals I have used on the carpet. After I rinsed the carpet with just water I smelled the dirty water as I was pouring it in the sink and all I could smell was the old chemicals. I thought it would smell like pee but it didn't at all.

greaterdane
May 21st, 2005, 12:06 AM
Is out made for carpets? Our new carpets have a smell from the old owners, I wonder if I should try this.

Prin
May 21st, 2005, 12:33 AM
Yey the stink is gone!! :) What about carpet steamers? Wouldn't they work? You can usually rent them here from Loblaws...

greaterdane
May 21st, 2005, 08:36 AM
i think she mentioned that, that is what she used, a carpet steamer

I too have the steamer and it works well, but I want something to cling to the odor and pull it out, which is what I think the out product does. I want more proof before I buy it though. I have tried everything as well.

kandy
May 21st, 2005, 01:45 PM
I have cream colored carpet in my bedroom and have used the Out to get out not only the stains but the smell too. My husband has also used it at his shop to clean up Hazel's 'house training lapses'. No smell in there either. I would definitely recommend the Out. Not only does it get urine/poop stains out, when Lacey was in heat, she got blood on that cream carpet and it came out with the Out too!

Dahlia
May 21st, 2005, 05:07 PM
Is out made for carpets? Our new carpets have a smell from the old owners, I wonder if I should try this.Yes, it's made for carpets or any other surfaces. I have a steam cleaner and when I used it a couple of weeks ago with hot water that's when the house started smelling. I read somewhere that if you're trying to remove odors not to use hot water because it sets the odor.

So this time I used the OUT with cold water. My carpet is cream colored too and it looks almost as good as new. On the bottle it says to mix the Out along with the water and your regular carpet shampoo but I skipped the carpet shampoo and just used the Out and water. I also read that chemical cleaners that aren't formulated for pet odors can cling to the odor and hold it in your carpet.

ANBshilling
May 22nd, 2005, 06:35 PM
Is OUT antibacterial? I think my puppy has an anal issue because he's rubbing his butt all over my carpet. My son just turned 5 so he is still at the age where he plays on the floor all the time. I need something to kill the germs.

Thanks!

Safyre
May 22nd, 2005, 07:24 PM
ANBshilling - It's possible that you'r dog is trying to release it's anal glands. My dog sits and spins on the carpet to release her glands.
yes it smells, so OUT should help :)

Dahlia
May 23rd, 2005, 07:13 AM
Out has enzymes that eat up the organic matter like feces and urine. It's not really antibacterial, but it's supposed to get rid of every trace of the offending matter.

ANBshilling
May 23rd, 2005, 08:15 AM
Awesome, that will work!

Heinz57
June 7th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I've been trying to look this cleaner up on the net and can't even find a match! Called wal-mart here in calgary and they never heard of it. Could you tell me who makes it? Thanks!

Heinz57
June 7th, 2005, 04:17 PM
for anyone else looking, it's in the pet section as an odor/urine remover. We'll see.. :rolleyes: .

SarahLynn123
June 7th, 2005, 04:25 PM
I've been trying to look this cleaner up on the net and can't even find a match! Called wal-mart here in calgary and they never heard of it. Could you tell me who makes it? Thanks!

I was just in Walmart in Calgary and they have it in their pet section! I actually bought some a couple months ago from there. I went to the Deerfoot and 64th (in the NE). I swear they still have it!

SarahLynn123
June 7th, 2005, 04:25 PM
We posted at the same time!!!!!