Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Wedding cake samples

raingirl
May 20th, 2005, 09:31 PM
These are the cakes I did for my friend's mother as tests. I divided each into four, so there are 8 ideas and designs. I won't say which her parents chose yet, but it was my fav as well as my BF, his brother, and his brothers wife. We all loved the same one!

side #1...

raingirl
May 20th, 2005, 09:33 PM
side #2...

raingirl
May 20th, 2005, 09:33 PM
side #3...

raingirl
May 20th, 2005, 09:37 PM
side #4...

Prin
May 20th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I like the last one best. The white with the roses. Very elegant. :)

greaterdane
May 20th, 2005, 10:05 PM
i like them all but especially the white with the green, but for the wedding I would have to agree with Prin, I like the last one, then again I also like the weaved one. You are very talented !

kandy
May 21st, 2005, 12:41 PM
I have to say that you do awesome work!

Rita
May 21st, 2005, 02:02 PM
I would have to say the last one (white swirls with red roses) is my fave .... a close second would be the one in the second picutre that looks like a quilt with rosettes and red roses at the bottom.
They are all beautiful cakes .... this is making me hungry ;)

Princesss04
May 21st, 2005, 08:56 PM
Very nice I like the last one the white with the roses! Very nice work! :D

happycats
May 22nd, 2005, 08:36 AM
I like side 4 the best! :D

JDG
May 22nd, 2005, 08:54 AM
Cool Raingirl, are you sure your friend wouldn't want one of those awesome Bulldog cakes?? :p :p

I really like the 'quilted' cake. . . nice and simple and elegant. . .

Good work, when is the pets.ca cake sampling day? :p :p ;)

raingirl
May 22nd, 2005, 09:21 AM
Thanks guys! I wasn't being to precise when doing the cakes, as I drank a coke before starting so my hands were alittle shakey. I need to avoid caffiene all day before doing the cakes next time. The real ones will be a little better done.

The mother and father of the bride decided on the "quilted" pattern one, the white with red dots, and diamonds imprinted, since the wedding is red and white. We decided to use the darker green as it looked more classic. However, the quilted pattern is only going on the bottom and top layer. The middle layer is going to be white, with white (yellow center) daisy's randomly placed on the fondant. I may or may not have vines between the daisys (not sure yet). The reason for the daisys is because I found out her flowers will be daisys. We thought about changing the roses to daisys at the bottom of each layer, but decided against that.

So...three teirs, 10 inch, 8 inch, and 6 inch, carrot cake with a cream cheese filling, white fondant, roses at the bottom of each teir (possibly all the way around...haven't decided), quilted teir on the bottom, white with daisys in the middle, quilted at the top. the top of the cake with have a mixture of roses and daisys surrounding her topper which is an flat royal icing apple with their names on it!

What do you think?

Sneaky2006
May 22nd, 2005, 01:01 PM
Hi Raingirl... I liked the quilted one also, it's different from any other wedding cake I've seen.

If you don't mind me asking, how much would you charge for something like that, with 3 tiers?
I'm just curious because I never had real wedding cake, never had to price them.

raingirl
May 22nd, 2005, 07:27 PM
I actually don't really know how much it would cost. I don't charge for my cakes, I just do them for fun. I'm not charging my friend for her cake.

My teacher suggested if we wanted to charge for the cakes to use her pricing guide she has on her website (www.wongworx.com...so, 3 tier, 6/8/10 inch, she charges $275.

I don't want to charge for them because that makes me legally liable if someone gets sick like food poisoning.

Prin
May 22nd, 2005, 09:47 PM
I never thought about food poisoning from a cake... I guess you just have to be careful about how long it's out.

Blaze01
May 23rd, 2005, 11:19 AM
Wow those all look great...I like the second one best...third pic is good also but the second one is unique(SP)