Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Horse with a hole through its neck

greaterdane
May 20th, 2005, 10:00 PM
I couldnt believe this when I saw it. This horse has a complete hole through its neck, you can see right through. The killer is they dont even know how it happened, but the horse is healed. Take a look

Texas Paper (http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/50203_local_animals.html)

Safyre
May 20th, 2005, 11:02 PM
I was a lil hesitent to read with the title of this... but gald that the horse is okay
Have no idea how that woulda happened.. my gosh.

Prin
May 20th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Weird. I don't know how that would have happened, but it looks like the fur is grown all the way through.. Birth defect? I doubt it... :confused:

iRONKNiGHT
May 20th, 2005, 11:57 PM
My reaction is "man that sucks" :( poor horsey! :confused:

Dahlia
May 21st, 2005, 12:04 AM
One of our horses ran into a farm implement once and had a pretty good hole in her neck. We doctored it with some kind of horse salve and rinsed it with saline several times a day. She healed up just fine, but it was nothing like THAT! Poor guy! Coulda been a birth defect.

greaterdane
May 21st, 2005, 12:08 AM
We had a horse run face first into a stick, the stink actually was strong enough to get right through his skull. What a mess that was. He lived and there is an actual hole that you can look into but the vet did something inside to make sure nothing could get in. Its all healed and looks pretty cool. Hes still the dopey horse he was before.

Another horse that was at my barn had an absess (sp?) in his nasal cavity. The vets at guelph had it so you could reach your had into his nose and right up, we had to do this to clean it. Sadly this horse didnt live but his hole was right through and healed as well.

Then there is that horse that was hit by the car and caught in the fire and he is still alive as well. Horses amaze me daily.

Prin
May 21st, 2005, 12:30 AM
Anybody remember the horse on "On the Road again" about 15 years ago? She was like the family dog. She'd have her head through the kitchen window watching them cook...

kandy
May 21st, 2005, 02:57 PM
One of our horses flayed part of her face open and we never did figure out how she did it but it was gross! She had to have quite a few stitches. We went over the corral with a fine tooth comb looking for something that she could've caught her face on (we know that she probably was rubbing her face on something) but we never did find it. That is amazing that healed that way - if it was an injury then whatever happened must've taken a huge chunk of muscle with it to make a hole like that! I am leaning toward (hoping for) a birth defect.