Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sams neuter

Eleni
May 19th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I was talking to a friend today and we got talking about sams neuter coming up.

She mentioned he wot fit in his cage with one of those cones on his head.

it never occured to me that he would even have one.Opps

now im stuck figureing out what I should do, he only goes in the cage at ngiht, but its important he goes in the cage beacause the cats take their free time while hes confined, and i dont trust that he wont get into mischeif just yet.

are those cone things absolutly necessary??

if they are I suppose i could lay on the couch at night while hes healing but that makes for no sleep and i cant go on no sleep not with how crazy things are these days heh

any thoughts?

Eleni

ANBshilling
May 19th, 2005, 02:54 PM
I had my puppy neutered last week and he hardly ever messed with the incision. He'd lick it every once in a while, but never enough to be concerned. He didn't need one of those cone things at all. Your puppy will heal pretty fast. I think Davy's stitches are already dissolved and he was neutered last Monday. He had a couple of baby teeth extracted too. They gave them to me when I picked him up!

doggy lover
May 19th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Cones as you call it are great things for dogs that lick at their stiches, my last dog had his back dew claws removed when he was fixed and we wern't given a cone, so he ripped out the stiches and it cost us about another $200 to have them redone. So I put one on my dog that I have now when he got fixed and as he like yours is only in the cage at night thats when I put it on him, as I could not see what he was doing. Since they are only sleeping they don't move around too much so he was ok, it was worth it in about five days I let him sleep with out the cone, no problems.