Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anybody do the "Dog Age Test"?

Prin
May 18th, 2005, 01:33 AM
My dad sent me this a while ago... It's very encouraging in the sense that it makes you feel like your doggy might live longer than you think... It's a little long, so you need like 7 minutes or so...
Dog Age (http://www.dogage.com/?cbr=DADA01_P)
Keep in mind, this is a test set up by purina and the best foods are not the BEST foods... And try not to get sucked into the marketing stuff.. Just say no or Skip.
Boo is almost 4 and he's 19.7 years old, 8.1 years less than the "norm". Jemma is 4.5 and is 14.1 years old.. 6.1 less than the "norm".

moontamara
May 18th, 2005, 04:37 AM
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=9920&highlight=real+age

is this the same one?

levimh
May 18th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Levi's DogAge is 15.7. Is 15.7 good?

Under the DogAge Costs it says that he's underweight. When it came to clicking on the picture that looked most like his body shape, I clicked the second smallest, because that's what he looks like. He's not underweight though. Oh well, it was fun.

Lissa
May 18th, 2005, 11:23 AM
What an interesting test! It said that Dodger was 7.0, apparently 2.7 years younger than the average Dogage for his breed!? I think I need to read to book so I can completely understand it!!!
Melissa

Prin
May 18th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Sorry I didn't notice that you already posted it 6 months ago... :) Weird that it's a different url...

GsdDiamond
May 18th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Hey all!!!
I did a test for Diamond...and her age is 3.6 years younger! Wow. I think she'll out live us! :love:

Jackie467
May 18th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Candi is 10.6 and is 4.1 years younger then average dogage for her breed. The fact that she has seperation axiety and skin allergies made a difference because they didn't ask if I was treating them. When it asked what meds I was giving for the skin allergies it didn't have the one I give listed so I think that made a difference.
Under the DogAge Costs it says that he's underweight. When it came to clicking on the picture that looked most like his body shape, I clicked the second smallest, because that's what he looks like. He's not underweight though. Oh well, it was fun.
I knew that would happen if I did that too so I just put the middle one. Candi is also closer to the second one but is not underweight either. They didn't take the breed into consideration there so don't feel bad.

raingirl
May 18th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Odin was 10.3...4.4 years younger than other dogs his age!

Yay!

greaterdane
May 18th, 2005, 07:35 PM
I've only done Sable so far, but I am confused. Shes turned 1 in November and this is what it says

Sable's DogAge is 3.7!

That's 1.6 years younger than the average DogAge for Sable's breed.

DogAge is the biological age of your dog, measured in people years. Your dog is lucky to have such a good caretaker. You can make your dog even younger by checking out the details of your results below.

.unknown.
May 18th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Luna's DogAge is 16.0!

That's 6.0 years younger than the average DogAge for Luna's breed

yay =)

Prin
May 18th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Mommyof2bullies, don't forget they use like 7 years for every one "human" year. That's why it's higher-- She's one but she's not 7 in dog years... :)

angie79
June 30th, 2005, 09:30 AM
wow just found this...

Cooper's DogAge is 4.4!

That's 1.4 years younger than the average DogAge for Cooper's breed.

lol they say he's missing vaccines, because no kennel caugh... was told to only get that if he goes to a kennel..

very interesting

Eleni
June 30th, 2005, 09:45 AM
sams dog age is 4.6

it said its 1.8 yrs younger then average for his breed, but none of the mixed breed pics really applied to him so i dunno bout that

Eleni

goldenblaze
June 30th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Blaze is 10.4 which mean 4.4 yrs younger than other goldens his age :) He promised me to live to be 16 so I guess we are on our way to many long happy years together. :)

savannah
June 30th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Poko (the deaf senior stray i just adopted) is 52.8, 5.7 years younger than the average Peke. I swear, i thought he would have been at least 106!
Chyna (turning 4 in August) is 16.9, also younger than the average.
Thanks for the link!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 23rd, 2006, 08:40 PM
Joeys 23.5 I think it said seven years less than the average ECS but I closed it and forgot what it said.He is six now. He got points off because he is bit aggressive with other dogs and jumps on the furniture. Also apparently we need to excercise him a little more too. So at least we know. :D

jesse's mommy
January 23rd, 2006, 09:15 PM
Jesse is 11.2 which is 4.8 years younger than the average.

wdawson
January 23rd, 2006, 09:32 PM
beathoven came in at 5.9........2.4 years younger than average

cpietra16
January 23rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
Winnie came in at 41...6.1 years younger than dogs in his breed...

papillonmama
January 23rd, 2006, 10:43 PM
Dory was 11.8, 4.2 years younger. They said poor feeding practices, I think because I admitted to sometimes giving her human food, or maybe it was because I told them I strongly agree to giving her food only bought at pet food store. *shrug*

BaxterBoo
January 23rd, 2006, 10:57 PM
Baxter is 10.4, 4 years younger than the 'norm'. He lost points for his seperation anxiety and fear urination. Apparently, he's obsessive compulsive too. Interesting, and I always thought he was ADHD!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 23rd, 2006, 11:32 PM
papillionmama =
I told them I strongly agree to giving her food only bought at pet food store. *shrug*

I thought that was a good thing. I said I give Joey treats as well, I think they assume that you give them treats all the time. Joey gets a treat every few days.

Sneaky
January 24th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Muffin is 4 years old this July.
She came in at this:

Muffin's DogAge is 14.7!

That's 6.1 years younger than the average DogAge for Muffin's breed

Terrie
January 24th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Speaking of Dog Age

"Happy Birthday Kuma !!" 3 years old on January 22nd, you are now of legal age 21...

Rottielover
January 24th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Harley is 15 1/2 months, which in the dog age thing states he is 9.9

SchnauzerGirl
January 24th, 2006, 02:20 PM
Schultz's DogAge is 7.8!

That's 3.0 years younger than the average DogAge for Schultz's breed.

It says that he doesn't get enough exercise, but I disagree with that statement.. sure we don't go for two hour walks every night, but we play A LOT in the house...

Interesting test, to say the least.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 24th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Schnausergirl= It says that he doesn't get enough exercise, but I disagree with that statement.. sure we don't go for two hour walks every night, but we play A LOT in the house...

they said that about Joey to, he goes for two hour long walks twice a week, and smaller walks through out the rest of the week. once first thing in the morning To the school and back 2 times, (round trip is about 15 minutes) then we try to go again at night.

We play this new game with him where I throw all is toys out of his bed and he runs around picks them and puts them back in his bed.

Today he is at doggie daycare so I am sure he will be getting lots of excercise today.!

SchnauzerGirl
January 24th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Joey.E.CockersMommy

Yeh, realistically, is anyone able to take their dog out for two hour walks three times a day? Perhaps if didn't have anything else on the go!

I think that Schultz still needs to lose a few more pounds of puppy fat around his neck (I was over feeding him since we weren't going for our daily two hour walks and with his neutering his metabolism changed) but he has the wonderful rib tuck going on again!

I looooove doggie day care and would take Schultz to it twice a week if there were anything where I lived. He is so tuckered out when I bring him home. I take him to Charlie's Pooch Parties in Vernon if I do need someone to look after him. Where did you drop off Joey

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 24th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Hy Country kennel. I pmnd you. :D

pitbulliest
January 25th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Messina's DogAge is 19.8!

That's 8.5 years younger than the average DogAge for Messina's breed.

mummummum
January 26th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Hmmmm....Ceili is 11.4 years younger than the average dog of her breed and Bridie is 6.4 years younger. Bridie and Ceili are litter-sisters. I'm a little suspicious - my Ceili dearest has severe dysplasia, has had major surgery, gets every infection and bug going around within a 50 mile sneeze radius, chronic whizzer issues and tetchy gut problems, allergies galore, is as lazy as the day is long and (bless her, she IS a sweetheart) truly falls into the cute-but-stupid category. Bridie is whip-smart, will chase a ball and run like the wind for hours if I let her and has no health problems OTHER than she is over weight. Obviously all the environmental factors are the same. So the fact that Bridie is a little over weight adds 5 years despite all Ceili's health issues and (forced) lack of activity ??? I think I'm going to fake a dog and see if I can get one to be older than the average age for their breed...and then I really do need to GO LIE DOWN.:pawprint:

Prin
January 26th, 2006, 02:43 AM
It's a test by Purina, don't forget. They know more about obesity in dogs than about hip dysplasia.;)