Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

*Will* foster 2-3week old baby kitten

kate_katlover
May 17th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Hi,

I posted this on another section of this site but I though since this section is called "Foster/Rescue" I should post here to!.

I have my own 'home-based foster nursery.' We try to not take in to many animals at once so each one can be carefully monitored. I am picking up tommorow a mother cat with her 3 babies. The babies are 3 weeks old. If there is any organization/individual reading this who knows of a kitten(~2/3 weeks) who is in need of a mother cat please contact me. I will be willing to take 1-3 kittens.

Thanks a lot

"Kitty-Kat-Nursery": A home based temporary nursery to raise young kittens and liters.

BMDLuver
May 17th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I would suggest you stick with the ones you have coming right now. Adding another kitten into the mix when you have no idea of the mom's temperment can be very risky.

kate_katlover
May 17th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Hi,

Yes I am sticking with just her and her kittens unless a kitten in need comes up. I was actually told if a kitten around the age of her babies needs nursing to add it to the liter as this is not her first time pregnant or having a couple more babies(as mother's milk is the absolute best.)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Lizzie
May 17th, 2005, 08:24 PM
It's really too bad that the person around for the first litter this cat had didn't bother to spay her....

As far as adding kittens, I have to agree with BMDLuver...see what you're getting first then go from there.

kate_katlover
May 17th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Thank you for the suggestion.

I will go by that until I personally know that cat--not advice from the SPCA. Even if she is the sweetest with her babies she may react diffrent with a new kitten. If a kitten is in dsparate need though will try adding her in--if it's a sucsessful, great! If not at least we tried!

Thanks again,
Kate

kate_katlover
May 18th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Just a note~The add can be closed now as I am no longer looking for orphanaed kittens. There was a bit of confusion on which queen and her kittens I was taking and I am taking a queen with a larger liter now! I will only foster kittens at the time who are 4+weeks.

Thanks!

JessXx
May 25th, 2005, 07:18 PM
I dont think its a good Idea to take on so many kittens. And the mother most likely wont want another unknown kitten, I wouldn't try it. I mean if you already have an unwanted kitten at your home, then try. But don't put yourself in that position.
Good luck