Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Doggy quirks

Dahlia
May 17th, 2005, 11:56 AM
My sister calls Sophie ghetto dog because she has nice stainless steel food and water bowls in the kitchen but she whines and begs to go outside just so she can drink out of her Cool Whip bowl on the back deck. I guess the water tastes better out there or something. :crazy:

levimh
May 17th, 2005, 12:32 PM
I know this doesn't have to do with a dog, but my cats do the exact same thing. They'd rather the water outside in the butter tub I've set out or the yummy acid rain that falls in the buckets in the backyard. Mmm. :)

Dahlia
May 17th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Oh, sorry, levimh. I should have said pet quirks. Ok, so maybe Sophie's not such a wierdo after all.

Princesss04
May 17th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Meatloaf and Chino have nice bowls but they love to drink out of the water hose or the bath tub! Their favorite though is the mud puddle they made in the back yard. We even have them nice water bowls outside but they would rather have the puddle. Or they stand by the hose until we come and turn it on. And they love the sprinkler. :D

Dahlia
May 17th, 2005, 01:31 PM
We don't really have any puddles here but I have a little fish pond on the back deck and Sophie loves to stand up on her hind legs and drink out of it. :yuck:

kandy
May 17th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Hazel has an outside bowl - a big one that automatically refills from the faucet it's hooked to - and she has to be sitting in it to get a drink! :D Once she gets bigger, I'm going to have to keep my camera ready so I can get a picture when she figures out she can't sit in the bowl anymore. :p I have noticed that if there is dirty water somewhere, she would rather drink that than the fresh water she is provided. Go figure!

Jackie467
May 17th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Candi isn't too picky about her water, her food is another story. But Jasmine won't drink any water from a tap (not that I would let her here, the water is horrible smelling and tasteing, I hate city water) only from the britta or the filtered fridge, and if it so much as has a speck of dirt or hair in it you can forget her even touching it. spoiled :rolleyes: