Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Phantom of the Opera!

Princesss04
May 16th, 2005, 02:13 PM
We bought this movie this weekend. We really liked it, I think it would have to be something you are interested in to watch! Anyway if you like this kind of movie I think you would really like it. I know we did! :D

Luvmypit
May 16th, 2005, 02:26 PM
I think I would like this. When I was in Grade school we went and saw the play. I fell in LOVE with it. Bought the music cd and some books. I was young but i sang all the songs...
Think of me... think of me fondly when you say good bye! thats one song i remember

Copper'sMom
May 16th, 2005, 02:26 PM
I haven't seen the movie, haven't been to the opera, but i do LOVE the soundtrack(not the new one that's out). my mom has a double or quadruple cassette of it and I LOVE it! Now if only I could really sing!

Princesss04
May 16th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Well you two need to rent it and watch it. Justin and I loved it. :D I love the sound tract and I love all the music on the movie, :D

BEAR_NZ
May 18th, 2005, 05:14 AM
I loved it so much i went to it twice! the music gave me goosebumps... it is a classic.

Princesss04
May 18th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Me too! Justin went and bought it for me. We can all do pizza and a movie at my house. I mean you would all have to share with Meater and Chino but they will not eay alot. Wonderful movie I agree!~ :D

Cactus Flower
May 22nd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Saw Phantom last night and oooooooooooooooooooh I LOVED IT!!!!!!!

That silly woman. I woulda taken the opera ghost any day ;) .

Princesss04
May 23rd, 2005, 10:33 AM
Saw Phantom last night and oooooooooooooooooooh I LOVED IT!!!!!!!

That silly woman. I woulda taken the opera ghost any day ;) .

Tell me about it! LOL He looked good even with the white mask on.. What was your favorite part? I LOVE the part when he takes her from her room and to his place. I love that song and the way they show her on the horse and in the boat. I love her hair as well! :D All the people that sang in that movie used their own vocie all execpt one. WOW what talent! :D

Cactus Flower
May 23rd, 2005, 11:39 AM
Which one didn't use their own voice? I am curious. Was it Minnie Driver? She played Carlotta.

When I was young, and lived on the streets of Toronto, The Phantom of The Opera came to town. I stood outside and listened to the whole thing (in a BLIZZARD)- and dreamed about one day seeing it for myself.

About a year later, a friend of mine dropped the soundtrack off at my apartment. I was very touched. I used to sing it from beginning to end- except "Maquerade" lol.

So, I finally got to see the movie. I rented it, but I WISH I would have seen it on the big screen.

And I still dream of seeing it live.

My favorite part.....probably the same as you, Princess. My Mom watched it with me, and when I saw where the Phantom lived, I turned to her and said "I want to live down there!". It was SO cool. Then I added "....with him..." :D . Didn't surprise her a bit.

I swear that the guy who played the phantom also played a vampire in some movie I've seen. I've seen soo many, I can't think of which one. I should look up his filmography. Anyway, he looked good as a vampire, too- and that would have made a great lair, don't you think?

Princesss04
May 23rd, 2005, 12:04 PM
Sure would have CF! I will have to check I have the info at home and I will let you know. I watched it again last night. Justin went out and bought it for me. We will have to find it live and meet half way and go watch it. With out Meater, chino, Raja, Chloe, of course. LOL I love that movie. I thought he had a cool bed, I thought so anyway. ;) I will look into the vocie I remeber reading it and hearing someone say it but I will find out for you. :D I think there are alot of people that would like it but will not give it a chance because it is a musical but it is powerful! :D

Cactus Flower
May 23rd, 2005, 12:25 PM
Hey Princess, the next time I go visit my brother in Indiana, I'll schedule it for when the Phantom comes to town, and you and I can go have a blast!

Princesss04
May 23rd, 2005, 12:27 PM
Sounds great! :D You will have to let me know even if we do not go and see the show I would love to meet you! :D

Cactus Flower
May 23rd, 2005, 12:39 PM
Likewise, Princess. Phantom or not, let's at least have lunch :) .

I just looked it up, and it was Minnie Driver who did not do her own singing.

The guy who plays the Phantom is Gerard Butler, who also played Dracula in "Dracula 2000". I knew it! I never forget a vampire's face :p .

Here's a treat for you...........(and me LOL)....
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0293508/Ss/0293508/C603-04Ar_cr.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Butler,%20Gerard

Princesss04
May 23rd, 2005, 02:34 PM
Aww thanks CF! Man he is gorgeous, don't tell hubby I said so. LOL Oh wait he knows! opps ;) I knew there was one person that could not sing but can you imagine being in that room with that much talent. Wonderful movie a MUST see! If nothing else for the good lookin man ladies!~ :D :D

Cactus Flower
May 23rd, 2005, 03:32 PM
*Ahem*.......Um,.....I happened to stumble across this picture of Gerard Butler.....and I thought I'd post it, just......er......well you know, just so people know how he looks without the mask on ;) .

Princesss04
May 23rd, 2005, 03:43 PM
*Ahem*.......Um,.....I happened to stumble across this picture of Gerard Butler.....and I thought I'd post it, just......er......well you know, just so people know how he looks without the mask on ;) .

You naughty girl! Right without the mask you mean without the clothes. LOL :D :D ;)

Sneaky2006
May 23rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
Wow, could his shorts be any smaller???? The movie didn't interest me until now ;)
Thank ya ladies.

Princesss04
May 23rd, 2005, 03:57 PM
Sneaky it is a must see! Watch it once and tell us what you think! :D

Cactus Flower
May 23rd, 2005, 04:25 PM
Wow, could his shorts be any smaller????

Why yes, yes they could.... :D.

But for some reason, his manager won't send me those pictures. All he sends are those silly little "restraining orders".

Sneaky2006
May 23rd, 2005, 05:02 PM
All he sends are those silly little "restraining orders".Haha!!! Those would suck! :p

Princesss04
May 24th, 2005, 10:21 AM
LOL CF Imagine that! :D :D

Shamrock
May 25th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Watched this last night - LOVED it!! :thumbs up Wonderful film! :thumbs up

Princesss04
May 26th, 2005, 11:24 AM
That is great Shamrock I think that most people will find something in the movie that they can apperciate! And if you follow Cactus Flowers post you will find alot you like in the movie. LOL Just kidding CF! Although the pictures should be a help for the film! :D

Cactus Flower
May 26th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I watched it again last night :D .

I've got it real bad......

Princesss04
May 26th, 2005, 03:28 PM
CF you crack me up I watched in Wed. night and when I did I thought of you! :D :D

Cactus Flower
May 26th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Did you watch the dvd with the extra footage, behind the scenes interviews, etc?

Amazing!

Watching the Phantom standing there, chatting, and drinking bottled water was so strange!

Strange in a ....uh.... really good way, of course. I'd watch him do just about anything, and enjoy it. Brush his teeth....clip his toenails.....anything.

(Did I mention I've got it bad?)

Princesss04
May 26th, 2005, 04:05 PM
I have the DVD I willl have to watch all the extras tonight. We know you have it bad dear! I hate to watch people brush their teeth and I wouldl watch him as well. I can see me and you standing there watching! DUH!!!! :D

Cactus Flower
May 26th, 2005, 04:33 PM
I can see me and you standing there watching! DUH!!!! :D

HAAAAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!! I swear I SAW this in my mind- you and I squeezed into the bathroom doorway and just standing there, staring, as the PHANTOM OF THE OPERA brushed his teeth! OMG, don't know if it's just me, but I find this absolutely hysterical!!! WHAT a VISUAL!!!!

Princesss04
May 26th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I know when you said that I pictured him in front of this big mirror wearing well never mind, :eek: anyway he was brushing is teeth and you were so pushing me out of the way to get in there. Brought a smile to my face. LOL :D

Cactus Flower
May 26th, 2005, 04:49 PM
pictured him in front of this big mirror wearing well never mind

Princess, this is getting downright creepy. You and I are SO connected. Because in MY mental image of the Phantom brushing his teeth, he was wearing WELLNEVERMIND, too!! Can you believe that? *giggles*

But anyway, I was only pushing you out of the way because I was there FIRST.

Neener neener neener! :p :p :p

(I can't believe how we've regressed.....lol. I have to make supper now and get my house in order. This has been fun, though! Have a great day, Princess).

Princesss04
May 26th, 2005, 05:14 PM
You have a great day as well and I will let you see him first that is alright with me! I am nice that way! Hope you have a great day! I will invite you when I get to meet him I will let you come as well. You know what we need to do we need to write Oprah and put on there that is our wish to meet him. You never know maybe we could. :D

Cactus Flower
May 27th, 2005, 02:50 AM
Oh happy day!

I wrote a friend of mine an email, asking if she knew anyone who could make a copy of this Phantom DVD that I keep re-renting. My computer tech is out of town. Here's her response:

You miss Sadie are in luck!! I happen to have an extra copy! Chance bought me one, but I already had the special edition, so... It's yours :)

She's dropping it off tomorrow.

I might never leave the house........ :p .

Princesss04
May 27th, 2005, 10:24 AM
LOL Oh I am so happy you got a copy! I love mine! You know we will have to go buy another one because we are gonna wear this one out. LOL I watched it last night again and told Justin that if he ever dies I will marry the Phantom. LOL Cactus you can come over than all the time and watch him brush his teeth! :D ;)

Cactus Flower
June 24th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Hee hee....

http://saymail.sympatico.ca/card/XdBgYEhK2rg6t7EHo4oBMW

Princesss04
June 25th, 2005, 11:24 PM
You crack me up! You are such a nut~! :D :D :D

Prin
June 25th, 2005, 11:43 PM
you gals are NUTS. Jemma overheard that saymail and HAD to respond.
Jemma's response to saymail. (http://saymail.sympatico.ca/card/iVBcx.tL2rg154exo27u8G)

Cactus Flower
June 26th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Haha Jemma.....too late....