Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Missing Pit Bull in Burnaby, BC - Help!!!

maddyfofatty
May 16th, 2005, 11:40 AM
:sad: Good Morning Everyone,
My sweet 'Maddy' has been gone for a week now!! I would appreciate anyone's help, support or suggestions...we have done everything humanly possible - I go to our local SPCA's everyday, the Vancouver Pound and call all the one's I can't get to (they are far away). Our next thought is that someone is holding on to her and doing awful things to her :evil: or the fact that she is just the sweetest, most spoiled dog and they want to keep her!! I have spent many days & hours training my baby and she is very obedient and knows all her commands as well as some tricks - a very intelligent girl she is! Maddy is spayed, microchipped and was wearing her Burnaby license & rabies tag. We are now going to offer a reward....I am going to sell my anniversary band that my ex-husband gave me to get the money together! It's worth it...that ring means nothing to me and I was just saving it for the kids....I asked the kids last night and they both want their dog back and they don't care about the ring either!! I have been told by some rescue groups that the only chance I have of getting Maddy back is to offer a reward....so that's what we will do!! We have made posters (big & small), been door to door, to all the local pet stores & vet's, hiking, climbing on Burnaby Mountain, she has been on both local news stations and radio stations - still no sign of her!! Maddy is either gone (in the passed away sense) or the most dishonest person alive is holding on to her!! I don't know what to do next...I cry every chance I get and then I think of something new to try!! My dogs are my world and I can't stand another day without my Maddy!! We have a 4 month old pittie puppy named Emmett and he hasn't eaten out of his bowl since Maddy's been gone - we have to either hand feed him or sit with him until he eats! He is so depressed!
I have a poster and a picture of Maddy that I wanted to attach to this but, they are too big and I can't upload them! I took Madison's picture off the poster and was able to upload it...I will post her picture separately

Copper'sMom
May 16th, 2005, 04:42 PM
*bump*

The pic is in a different thread titled " pic of maddy"

Luvmypit
May 16th, 2005, 05:01 PM
I hope hope hope that you find her.
Hope isn't gone so don't give up!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

chico2
May 16th, 2005, 05:14 PM
I am sure every person on this Forum feels terrible for you and Maddy,I could not imagine a worse scenario than not knowing whats happening to her.
Hopefully someone will go for your reward and you'll get her back,please let us know what is happening.Good Luck!! :grouphug:

babyrocky1
May 16th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Im so sad for you and your family Maddy, I cant think of anything much as Im in toronto, but I sure wish you luck, please let us know how your doing!

maddyfofatty
May 16th, 2005, 10:24 PM
I just went to the local church - 1 block away from my house - there is a big meeting there tonight and I thought I would post some posters to get more exposure for my Madison!! Well, guess what - some guy came out and told me not to post the posters, it's not allowed and told me to "GRAB A BRAIN"...I am so devestated right now that I can hardly type - then another girl came out and said that they can't have stuff like that because then everyone will think they can do it....it's a lost dog for Christ sake not an add or solicitation.....I am going there tomorrow to complain - am I wrong to feel this way??? What did I do that was so terrible??? Somebody help explain this to me!!

chico2
May 17th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Maddy,I am so very sorry...some people just do not understand,you'd think a church or the parishoners would care,but to some"it's just a dog" :evil:
Try not to give up hope,Maddy could still be returned to you,I hope so,with all my heart :love:

Hogansma
May 23rd, 2005, 02:25 PM
Have you found her yet? I live in Burnaby too and just wondering what area of Burnaby you're in. You can send me a private message if you don't want to post it. I'm in South Burnaby near Metrotown and will keep my eyes open for her. Good luck and hope you have a happy ending to this. (Did you post a picture at the vet offices and dog walking places?)

Lucky Rescue
May 23rd, 2005, 03:22 PM
The church thing....yet another shining example of Christian charity. :mad:

Just ignore hateful hypocrites. I hope you get your baby back soon!!!!