Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another jerk in the dog park!

heeler's rock!
May 15th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Okay, this is a HUGE reason why I HATE some dog parks!

We took our 3 pups to a quiet offleash park off a major highway not far from us. We got there and this lady with a golden retriever and a doberman were leaving, but the doberman started following us. I watched the lady to see if she would call her dog, but she kept walking off with the golden, got in her car, and left! I was shocked! Soon after, I realized it probably wasn't hers. I saw 2 men staring at us, one guy with a leash in his hands, so I knew it was actually his dog. We kept walking, the whole time this dobbie was following us. He wasn't really doing anything disruptive, but I didn't want him there! It's fine for him to say hi to our dogs and play a bit, but then the owners should be on their way. Anyways, we got like 50 - 60 feet away from this guy, and NOT ONCE did he call his dog! He just came up walking out of nowhere, and had to tackle the dog to get him to stay! The dog ran away from him everytime he came near him, and he says to this lady who's watching him, "Oh, he's so smart!" No, he's DISOBEDIENT! That's not being smart! This dog was 16 months old, and at that age, our dogs knew better. We even picked up his dog's crap, because he wasn't around!! UUURRRGGGHH!!! People like that ruin it for everyone else! No wonder the lady with the golden took off so fast once the dobie started following us! He didn't even appologize or anything! What an A$$!! Anyways, that's my rant for the day! :o

Lissa
May 16th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I know what you mean! I just can't believe how many people ignore their dogs and the "glares" given to them. People are so oblivious to what their dogs are up to and either don't know or don't care that they are ticking everyone else off!!
And speaking of dog crap - what seems to be a "tradition" at my dog park is people picking up their dog's poop and hanging in on a tree or tossing it on the ground? How lazy can you get? If you are gonna pick it up - then throw it out!!!

Thankfully, that dobie didn't harass your dog!!

It don't understand why people think that going to the dog park is an excuse to letting their dogs wreak havoc! It should be common sense that if you dog is not trained you don't go to an off-leash park!

I'm so frustrated with dog parks right now but I keep going because I know how much Dodger enjoys it and I really love to watch him with his buddies. It's so unfair that 1 irresponsible owner can ruin it all!

Melissa

melanie
May 17th, 2005, 12:56 AM
im a bit confused, are these parks strictly dedicated to the enjoyment of dogs, is it called a dog park in official title or is it jsut the park or oval up the road that is refered to the dog park??

i know they have some dog parks in the big cities here but never in the country, jsut places a dog is allowed to be, not specifically dog areas.

just wondering

heeler's rock!
May 17th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Melanie, it's a dedicated off leash dog park. People without dogs go to them too, but they do so at their own risk so to speak.There are quite a few in Calgary, and they're not that bad all the time, but yes, some owners use them as an excuse to let their untrained dogs off leash to bug everyone. Once, this guy with a rottie, let his dog pee on me! He didn't even discipline him! They can be full of some real idiots. :mad: :rolleyes:

dogznfish
May 17th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Whenever I head up to Calgary with the dogs I make sure to head over to the off leash area on the Bow. It's nice to be with other people who are more relaxed and enjoy their dogs playing. Here in Med Hat, the general public is still getting used to the idea that dogs are permitted off leash and I still get yelled at in an officially designated off leash area to get my dog on leash.

Deanna

Prin
May 17th, 2005, 10:02 PM
We had an a** like that, a few actually.... One had a jack mix and she would wave everyone off who tried to tell her that her doggy was "going" and she'd be all "I know, I know," and then she'd go out when the doggy was done and could never find the load... And another's unneutered dog got into a huge fight and was bleeding and the twits never stood up from the bench. I went and told them and they said "Ah-- he's going to the vet next week anyway". :mad: Why the hey do these arses have dogs?

JessXx
May 25th, 2005, 10:19 PM
:rolleyes: REAL SMART DOG!!
Its annoying to have people like that around
I hate it when those dogs attack my dogs and my
dog tries to defend herself then SHES the one at fault...
:yuck: its stupid