Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new

grey
May 15th, 2005, 11:48 AM
I have one dog. Her name is Misery as in misery loves company. She started coughing a couple days ago. It almost sounds like she is choking but not quite and when she barks it sets off the coughing.

Lucky Rescue
May 15th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Your dog could have kennel cough (bordetella). Please take her to your vet.

levimh
May 15th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Sounds like she has a cold.

SnowDancer
May 15th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I would take Misery to vet for kennel cough check. Also could be reverse sneezing. You didn't say what type of dog Misery is - that would be helpful. My Eskimo reverse sneezes.

Crazy Hippie
May 16th, 2005, 02:41 PM
How old is your dog? I was watching that vet show on LIFE channel once and a lady brought in a coughing dog..turned out to be a heart prob and was pretty serious. Could be more than a cold..see your vet!

Princesss04
May 16th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Please get this baby into your vet! Let us know what the vet says!

happycats
May 16th, 2005, 04:27 PM
How old is your dog? I was watching that vet show on LIFE channel once and a lady brought in a coughing dog..turned out to be a heart prob and was pretty serious. Could be more than a cold..see your vet!

My MIL had a little poodle with the same problem, and he ended up with a serious heart problem!

Prin
May 22nd, 2005, 02:22 AM
Please take her to the vet. They are right about heart failure. :sad: Hopefully it's kennel cough, and hopefully the dog's immune system will overcome it (the vet might give antibiotics too).