Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Snook's Appointment

Sneaky2006
May 14th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Well Snook had earmites afterall. How do they get earmites anyway?? They said the others probably have them too and the vet said she couldn't give me a break on bringing the others in. Snook's visit with the earcleaning and mite treatment was $90! So $90 times 4 cats total is not a nice bill just for mites. We were going to do it because it needs to be done, but then the vet pulled me aside and told me that we can buy the treatment at the petstore and do it at home on the other 3 cats. She said it's probably half the strength of theirs but it will work with 2 or 3 treatments, and then do regular cleanings. I was happy about that, but now comes the fun part of doing 3 cats ears... oh well!

kandy
May 14th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Ummm... Good Luck with that (cleaning the ears I mean) :D Make sure that you have someone videotaping! :p

CyberKitten
May 14th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Oh my!! You can do it but it will be fun!! ;) I'd love to see the video too! Maybe you can create a video and send it to one of those funniest home videos programs and win enough $$$ to pay for the stuff! :crazy:

Sneaky2006
May 14th, 2005, 08:41 PM
You know what? It wasn't bad at all! I am very pleased... we did things differently than we would have normally, cause I paid attention at the vets!
For things like pills and such that we've had to do to the cats, it was hell! I would always hold them wrapped in a towel or something else so they couldn't scratch us but they always wound up scratching us anyway :(

This time I put them on the table, no towel, no holding them... had a hand (hubby's hand) on their back and the other doing the ear, it went so smooth I can't believe it. They didn't try to scratch cause we weren't holding them and they couldn't get any traction to run because it was a table... not our lap! I am one happy camper!

The only thing that upset me was that Sneaky did this low growl thing that I haven't heard from her since we took her outside for the first time.. apparently she hates the outside! She didn't even try to run at all. :D

The only thing that was funny and worth a video is when we put the stuff in their ears and massaged it, it tickled them so much that their back feet (on the side that we were doing at the time) went a mile a minute as if they were scratching it themselves.
At the vets Snooky did that so hard I was holding his foot and my hand was going back and forth just as fast... the whole place was laughing!